PDA

View Full Version : Standard Route Document UK

Kubus1
22nd Dec 2002, 16:34
Hi All,

When planning UK internal flights do you use the Standard Route Document and follow the flight level restrictions?

My point is that we have been doing so for some time already in my organization but it seems that most opertators never heard of the UK SRD.

Even more concerning is the fact that the UK ATC dont know that either.

The document was issued by Eurocontrol and one would imagine that it would all connect.

Have you got any opinions on the above?

Cheers

Flight Data
23rd Dec 2002, 13:28
Great document, made and distributed by NATS Ops Support (not Eurocontrol, although IFPS use it to some extent). If you use it, it'll save a lot ot time and pain with messages to IFPS. :)

I know what you mean about UK ATC not being aware of it - generally when I mention it, I am met with fairly blank silences, but FPRS love it when people use the routes in it, makes their job a lot easier from what I am told.

FD

Kubus1
23rd Dec 2002, 17:17
Thanks FD,

At least there is someone out there who knows what I m talking about.

I was really hoping for more responses on that, but it seems like not many people really use it.

Anyway, we are going to continue using the SRD and if you all dont want a 130min delay on EGSS-EGPE or simmilar sectors, I suggest that you find a copy of the document.

Take care

anothermushroom
24th Dec 2002, 00:14
Kubus,

The company I work for uses the UK SRD for flight planning purposes. We had a visit from one of the bods at the Ops Support department in Swanick who gave us the impression that in time ATC resources would be shuffled to minimise slot delays along the standard routes while non standard routes would get heavier delays due to less resources. Makes sense if you ask me.