PDA

View Full Version : MALGUS - PLEASE READ

PPRuNe Pop
10th Oct 2001, 16:07
As most of you know, PPRuNe does not allow advertising unless it is negotiated with PPRune HQ on a proper commercial basis.

Malgus have a had a long free ride and all threads pertaining to them have been removed to Admin.

Subject to certain details being confirmed, Malgus can arrange through PPRuNe HQ to have an advertising banner. Until then please do not make any further posts.

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]

moggie
10th Oct 2001, 17:08
I actually think that approach is a little harsh - many other organisations get loads of listings without being "banned".

I think that discussing the matter is valid - as there have been concerns over the legitimacy of the deal (which have been dispelled by my employer - BAE Systems Flight Training in Jerez).

Also this kind of thing is valid for all wannabees - so why cut them off? I thought the idea was to ENCOURAGE wannabees - and who cares if the sponsor gets free advertising?

Crash Barrier
10th Oct 2001, 17:47
Take your £180 or so fee for the 'sponsorship' go down the pub instead and get hammered, cos it sounds like the biggest rip-off going.

PPRuNe Pop
10th Oct 2001, 21:37
Moggie. So that YOU, and anyone like you understands.

This site costs a LOT of money to keep going now, and it's ONLY revenue is from advertising and the sale of badges. Not very much I can assure you. So Danny has to fork out his hard earned cash to keep it running, and the thought that occurs is why he should do it for people like you.

So while we are at it.....if you don't like it go some place else. We won't mind, because there are plenty of wannabes who do appreciate it.

Got the idea now?

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]

moggie
11th Oct 2001, 00:53
Prune Pop - I am not a wannabee - I am an experienced MCC / Jet Simulator instructor at BAE Systems Jerez (as you would have seen if you'd checked my profile), training the guys who go on to major airlines (and some not so major airlines) as well as those brave souls who have dug deep into their pockets to obtain a licence without sponsorship.

Now I feel that those guys who are self sponsored deserve to have some support and if someone has offered a potentially attractive deal then the wannabees who want to discuss it in open forum should be allowed to do so. That does not constitute free advertising in my book - it is free speech for the guys who may benefit.

Now, our management here are happy that the deal being offered by "they who must not be named" is genuine - it is backed by Scottish Enterprise, a government organisation, and the management of "they who must not be named" have satisfied us and Scottish Enterprise that they are legit.

So, what have you got against M****s? Do you not believe us when we say they are legit? Are you upset that you never got such a deal when you were a wannabee? Or is there some other reason? Because stopping wannabess discussing something that may get them the help they need to become professional pilots seems to contradict the whole ethic of this web site.

If you don't want people to discuss anything that may benefit them but may also in doing so provide "free advertising" for the supplier because it will cost you "too much money", you may as shut down PPRuNe now. I am not suggesting you give away free advertising but I am suggesting that you allow the wannabees to discuss these matters freely - two philosophies that are NOT incompatible.

Do you prevent people discussing sponsorships by BA, Brit, Air 2000, KLM UK, Airtours etc. because it "gives the sponsor free advertising"? M****s did not initiate the threads - interested/concerned wannabees did. So play fair, let the aspiring pilots discuss their thoughts, hopes, dreams and concerns in the open as this is what this site SHOULD be all about.

[ 10 October 2001: Message edited by: moggie ]

moggie
11th Oct 2001, 01:07
pprunepop -

care to explain what the following quote means?

"Moggie. So that YOU, and anyone like you understands."

What sort of person am I and what are those like me like?

Just a polite question.

PPRuNe Pop
11th Oct 2001, 01:17
Moggie.

I refer you to my first post.

Since then I understand that Malgus are in touch with PPRuNe regarding advertising.

There is no more to add.

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]