PDA

View Full Version : BA South West take over (UK)

atomic angel uk
20th Dec 2002, 21:58
Hi

Has anyone heard any rumours about FlyBe or Air Wales taking over the Plymouth-Newquay-Gatwick service?

Any info gladly received!!

Whispering Giant
21st Dec 2002, 20:30
From what i've heard is that Sutton Holding's PLC who PLH/NQY airport's are going to start up there own airline to operate this service - takeing over i believe 2 of the BA Dash8's that are to be disposed of.
The operation is probably going to be headed up by Malcom Naylor who was one of the pionears of Brymon in the early day's before he headed up Gill airway's before they had the plugged pulled out by there financier's - he then went on to become director of stratgy for British European and left here in September/October of this year to go and work for Sutton Holding's. Because of his considerable airline experience i expect that he is the most likly candidate to be the head of this new airline operation.
British Airway's have also stated that they will stop operating the current service over the next 18 month's - which is just about the time that it will take to start up a new operation and because of his Time spent with Brymon in the early day's it is most likely that this new operation headed up by him will the one to operate the PLH/NQY/LGW route's.
Hope this Help's - it might just be speculation,but all the pieces fit and full into place very nicely....
But we shall have to wait and see........

Fiction
22nd Dec 2002, 04:05
WG

Good response and it is basically correct, but you forget to mention Malcolm Naylor disappeared into darkest Africa for a couple of years after leaving Brymon.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

atomic angel uk
22nd Dec 2002, 22:30
You also forgot to mention that Sutton Harbour couldnt arrange a **** up in a brewery etc....they really are crap!

We heard the rumour of Sutton for a couple of weeks and at that time they were certainly very smug, but for the last few weeks they dont seem half as cocky, and Malcolm Naylors connection has been denied to BA City Express......

Dont suppose that you have heard who the strong contender for the NQY tender is?