PDA

View Full Version : Handwriting

eagerbeaver
10th Oct 2001, 14:52
Heres the story, my CV was given to just the right person somewhere, now this chap wants a hand written letter..... not a problem. I am interested in knowing what you can assume about a person from their handwriting. {My handwriting ain't the neatest either}

Atlanta
10th Oct 2001, 15:40
In my experience, there are two reasons why a prospective employer may wish to have a sample of your handwriting, one legitimate and the other questionable.

a) They wish to see whether you can write legibly for company purposes and also satisfy themselves that you genuinely completed your own application form yourself. This is entirely legitimate. (I was always taught to include a covering letter written in my own handwriting with any application).

b) Some companies like to submit your handwriting to a graphologist.
(i)In my view, this should never be donewithout telling you.
(ii) Graphology is a load of cobblers anyway. So far as I know,its alleged validity is unsupported by any hard scientific evidence whatever. I suggest you should avoid tying your future prospects to these companies as they have probably used a crystal ball and Tarot cards to produce their strategic business plan.

eaglet-WestBourne
10th Oct 2001, 20:43
Calligraphy is art! I suppose they are collecting the best sample for their next show.
Be careful maybe your letter will value more than a Picasso
:) ;) :)

CleanAirTurbulence
11th Oct 2001, 16:24
Broomstick

1.To my knowledge a company can send your scrawls to a graphologist if they want to and there is not a damn thing you can do about it and they don't have to tell anyone. Just as they can view your company emails / internet access as well.

2.Unfortunately graphology is a court recognised way of assertaining an individuals mindstate quite accurately. You can tell differences in a persons mood very well and psychopaths have a universally distinct scrawl as well.

I have been trained; this is not all Quincyism

:p

Cat