PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Airlines B777 Job

ernestkgann
20th Dec 2002, 13:32
It seems Rishworth have started hunting around for 777 guys for Vietnam Airlines. They are looking for type rated guys for a six week on two week off deal over a two year contract. That's reasonably hard work and I wonder what 777 guys would be interested in throwing in the towel where they are and taking up a two year contract on these terms. I can really only think of retirees from CX and BA.
They don't advertise conditions but ask you to nominate your own pay. What do people reckon is acceptable compensation for a deal like this? Any ideas on what kind of an organisation they are?

mach 84
26th Dec 2002, 04:23
very interesting, as euro-pacific-aviation is also looking for the same. don't know what they are offering, but heared of the 6 weeks on - 2 weeks off. seems that vietnam airlines has not decided whom to give the contract, wether euro-pacific or risworth.

mirifly
30th Jan 2003, 11:27
Actually its not just Euro Pacific and Rishworth who has this job
advertised, have a look at PARC and Contractair`s websites.

Who does have this contract and where are they going to find
the pilots for it ??;)

sidestick1
10th Feb 2003, 19:07
If you have ever been involved in contract work you will know that 6 weeks on 2 weeks off is bloody good.
All the agencies RAL, PARC ets are simply following the SOP, that is advertise for 777 pilots submit a bid and then hope that yours is the lowest and acceptable to VNA.
In this example the contract has not yet been allocated to any agency, however it will be very soon.

blaireau
11th Feb 2003, 00:03
I did the A320 contract in Vietnam some years back. Then the deal was about $10K/m all in, tax free with hotac as well. Also included was travel within VN route network. In effect it was 42 days on, 14 off plus 2 days travel as well. That was then, so trying to work out a reasonable rate now is difficult.
I understand that the present expat force on the 320, numbering some 14, are still on similar numbers. Does the 777 warrant a wide-body increment? Contentious maybe!
Rishworth are said to be reasonable to work for. Regionair are said to be poor. Sufficient to say, HVN will go for the best deal they can get. Currently, Rishworth are running the 320 contract. Regionair were running the 767 and providing crap hotac.
Maybe someone currently there can update this info.

mach 84
11th Feb 2003, 03:33
I wonder how Vietnam Airlines will manage to employ pilots with a starting date as soon as april, when no one of the hiring companies has got the contract yet. Guess all of the possible candidates have to give notice to their present employer or are there so many jobless 777 instructors and examiners around?

Maisk Rotum
11th Feb 2003, 10:57
Once again it is going to be a lolly-scramble at the last minute, as it was a few years back when the 767 deal was up for grabs. This time no incumbent pilots are affected however. Rishworth is a very honourable company to work for, which can not be said about a certain company in Ireland. The trump cards will not however, be dealt to the honourable operators, they will be dealt to the one who curries favour the most.

Death to employment agencies I say, there are very few that truly look after their pilots.

mach 84
15th Mar 2003, 11:08
will definately be a lolly-scramble. rishworth is said to have got the contract, but they are still negotiating terms and conditions.
interesting to see how they will manage to have all the people they need, ready by 1 st of april.

Jim Morehead
16th Mar 2003, 20:53
Ernest or anyone...Anybody know what one does for 6 weeks on the road<bg>? Does this job spend "days off" in VietNam? Is it at Vietnam Airlines expense or Rishworth expense or your own? You can see, I have not had a job like this!

Also, I have watched Rishworth's ad and the only thing they have is some ad for an urgent ad for 777 pilots who are check airmen or training captains. Well , urgent is about to come since today is March 16th!

I have noticed some of these employers want people to be current. That is great, but how can one be current on two or three airplanes at the same time? Why is currency so important to some of these companies/employers when they are going to send you through their own training program anyway?

I have four type ratings in 727s and up to 400,but how can one be current in all at the same time unless you are independently wealthy or have a parent whose last name is Boeing?

JIM

Ralph the Bong
17th Mar 2003, 00:26
HVN is a pretty good place to work. The 6 weeks on/2 weeks off is a damn good arraingement. There are a whole bunch of Aussies here and the 6 weeks on usually involves 2 or 3 trips to SYD or MEL. Days 'Off' can be at outports when you slip but the 2weeks off is in country of choice. The B767 guys generally crew to Oz or (for Europeans and Sth. Americans) to CDG and crew back at the end of 2 weeks. Crewing is very flexible and helpful on this one; some do 9 0n/3 off. I would imagine salary would be very competitive...b

thegypsy
17th Mar 2003, 09:10
Blaireau How are you managing now in Singapore Airlines with the huge cut in pay you took leaving Vietnam??

swish266
9th May 2003, 04:00
Vietnam is the crappiest place in the World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would go back there only on a B-52 with nukes.
If u think Koreans are dogs, than the Vietnamese are dogs that were eating bananas 3 times a day as main meal only a few years back... Now driving B767.... N God forbid B777!!!!!
FAA was there in 1997 and told them they will be back in 2002, dunno what happened last year.
Some expats on direct contract even got a reduction in their salaries last year.
Even thinking about VNA makes me puke...
In 1998 VNA B767 chief pilot ordered his pilots to maintain 200 fpm during flare - qiute a few of the poor sods were actually looking down and trying to do a "manual instrument landing" if I could coin a new aviation bull**** word...
And to pack it all up there is this funny story about why the Americans lost d war - "lack of communication"...
This job is only god for Ozzies, for reasons mentioned above and coz the other expats are mainly from Oz, mate.

Banned from the Far East Forum until you re-think your attitude about what is acceptable and not. If you have information to share, share it responsibly and not in such an offensive manner.

nighthopper
9th May 2003, 20:23
Swish266,
Your post is totally offensive. When on contract or visiting a country people have good and bad experiences many of which are articulated on this site. Thankfully few state their opinions in the racist, ranting manner that you have.

I have also spent some time in Vietnam and yes it does have its bad points however I was a guest in their country and I left (sadly) with very good memories and have been lucky enough to have been back there a number of time since.

From you post I would suggest that you remain in your own country and try not to venture very far as you may wish to bomb a large number of countries in the world.

etops777
9th May 2003, 22:04
swish

you are a DISGRACE!

people from your country are ashamed of what you've quoted!

you'll be better off by staying at your own country.:mad:

swish266
9th May 2003, 22:39
With due respect guys...
Hope u dont loose your cozy jobs back home and have to resort to contract work, more so in S/E Asia...
Yeah, I enjoyed good cheap seafood, plenty of fruit and bottom price girls, but I still maintain my statement above 100%.
Applicable to VNA in particular and Vietnam in general...
Good luck and be prepared to carry your F/O's flight bag!

SE7EN
9th May 2003, 23:13
SWISH 266

"With due respect"?

Not sure you know the meaning of the word.

topman999
11th May 2003, 05:55
Is it really true that Vietnam have no upper age limit on retiring pilots? Speaking to some vet's here @ KAL, I am told that there are more than a few capt's over 63 operating the A320/321 and B767