PDA

View Full Version : I have issues

phat boy
20th Dec 2002, 06:37
a few issues, really... :

My old identity has stopped working on my DESKTOP PC. I can log in but when I go to post and hit SUBMIT, I go back to the "you are not signed in" page. Again and again. I started this new identity and it works fine. This has happened before. As far as I know I have not been 'binned' or anything. I CAN STILL LOG IN.

Strangely, when I connect with my LAPTOP PC I can post normally although if I sit on the MESSAGE page too long, then hit SUBMIT, I get taken back to re-log in.

This entire process (with getting a new identity) has happened more than once for the same reasons.

Also all the SIGNATURES have disappeared off the threads. I have ticked the "Show Signatures" box and haven't changed anything else to my knowledge.

What the he.ll's going on??? Bloody computers/windows/internet... I'm getting p!ssed off. Can anyone help?

Using Win XP on an AMD Athlon 1.4 gig.

SO:

1. why can't I use the old ID?
2. why is it, when it DID work, I had to keep re-signing in if I took too long typing my post?
3. why are the signatures gone?

Sid Departure
20th Dec 2002, 07:21
1. why can't I use the old ID?
2. why is it, when it DID work, I had to keep re-signing in if I took too long typing my post?
3. why are the signatures gone?

1) Make sure cookies are enabled on your machine... Check under 'tools>internet options>advanced'
2) Cookies have a limited lifetime, so the cookie is no longer active after a certain time period... This may be whats causing you to log off after a while.
3) The adminsitrator has probably turned off signitures altogether.

I may be wrong... But this is the way I see your problems.

PPRuNe Towers
20th Dec 2002, 10:30
Yep,

We globally turned sigs off.

Sounds like the home machine might have had a browser upgrade. If so default security settings are too high. Security section will allow www.pprune.org to be entered as an allowed site in terms of our cookies - they purely remember who you are and allow you to post. This method keeps the overall security settings at a safer level if you visit a lot of new sites.

Regards
rob

phat boy
20th Dec 2002, 12:03
Thanks guys for the answers.

Rob: Any reason for turning the sigs off? Is it permanent?

Also, www.pprune.org is already listed in security. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.