PDA

View Full Version : why yellow?

almost professional
19th Dec 2002, 21:49
why are the latest DHL 757 conversions yellow-saw KJ on the western cargo yesterday and KM arrived this evening from Mobile the same shade, shant be missing them in the dark easily!

neil armstrong
19th Dec 2002, 23:01
DHL is being intergraded with Deutche Post and Danzas(not sure about the spelling).
yellow is the colour the last 2 company's use!!
I would go for a pay increase instead of the new paint job:D but they dont listen to me:(

Neil

Nopax,thanx
20th Dec 2002, 13:29
Don't matter what colour you paint 'em - the rampies keep driving into our Orange ones!

tailscrape
20th Dec 2002, 18:01
Simply, it is because we are all colourblind. For instance I was removed from a UPS aircraft the other night. An honest mistake.

rolandpull
20th Dec 2002, 18:27
Apparently, its a H&S thing that anything on the ramp has now got to be yellow to stop vehicle accidents. Crew Hi-Viz was just the thin edge of the wedge.

neil armstrong
20th Dec 2002, 19:20
the rumour is that our uniforms will become Yellow with a red tie :D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the Freightdogs out there

Neil

CAT1
22nd Dec 2002, 12:35
It's all to do with fashion. Yellow is the new white. Saw it on TV. Honest.

Nattracks
22nd Dec 2002, 18:25
Well, we just have to get used to it. I like that with the red tie, it looks so proffesional, or.....

wallace and gromit
23rd Dec 2002, 04:04
The boxes might not like the red tie!

DPWN
23rd Dec 2002, 12:28
I was in a meeting in DHL HQ last week and i told the gaffers to consult with the staff before issuing the yellows shirts and red ties. Most of the ramp guys act like clowns, they don't need to dress like them!!!!!:D
The yellow aircraft/vehicles are to reflect the fact that DHL is a "DPWN" company whose colourscheme is yellow.:)

Clarence Oveur
23rd Dec 2002, 12:44
About time DHL changed colourscheme. The present one would have looked dated even back in the 50's.

Fonck
25th Dec 2002, 21:22
Yellow shirt, red tie ....

Humm, what about the red nose ? :p

And the red shoes ?:p

superchicken
26th Dec 2002, 07:12
sounds like ronald mcdonald is the ceo.

coopervane
4th Jan 2003, 19:29
DHL Air have just purchased some uniforms off BBC props department used on the show Hi De Hi.

Yellow Blasers and slacks..............nice.
Captains to have large marigold in their lapel.

The wizards in the marketing department have obviously earned their millions in working out the new colour scheme.

Someone should have told them though that the jordan sponsorship deal is finished and there is no need to paint their planes in uncle Eddie Jordans car colours!

Fonck
5th Jan 2003, 14:00
Yellow and red aircraft in a dark sky...Looks like the german flag :rolleyes:

Don't mention the war:)

On the other hand, a red lion on a yellow background...was the first scottish flag ! aviation isn't hopless;)

Chris cargo
5th Jan 2003, 19:43
20.000 litres of yellow paint at discount price, any other airline interested? Call Del or Rodney @ peckham enterprises.com

Onan the Clumsy
9th Jan 2003, 13:29
So why does UPS paint everything brown?...

...because nobody will ever steal brown!! :D

So was that serious? Are people really flying aeroplanes wearing yellow? Must be a different kind of a/c from the ones I fly. I try to co-ordinate my outfits with a nice dark shade of oil.

LooseConnection
9th Jan 2003, 15:31
Now I know what that long narrow thingee is they gave me!

I thought it was a "kerchief" now I realise it's supposed to go round neck, not in pocket. Mines all "yellow" now. I'll dry clean it and use it to check the heap of junks oil I drive.

Asian Freight Dog :D :D :D :D

apu11
11th Jan 2003, 16:11
Yellow is a good idea - everyone talks about it so that gets them known more !!!

Pilot Pete
11th Jan 2003, 22:06
Looks like the paint calculation was somewhat out.........they appear to have had to leave the engines that 'misty buff' grey as there wouldn't have been enough to complete the fleet had they painted them too!

PP