PDA

View Full Version : Maroochydore Accomodation

Piston Twin
19th Dec 2002, 09:38
Going to be in Maroochydore for a couple of weeks in February. Anybody know of a reasonable place to stay?

Cheers
PT

Jaguar7777
19th Dec 2002, 12:34
Lots to choose from...

Novotel twin waters is nice and a little chaper than the Hyatt resort i beleive.

Quite a few highrises in Mooloolaba downthe road to like the Outrigger arnt to bad.

A nice place of the world here, hope you have a good holiday.:)

Ash767
20th Dec 2002, 01:11
Piston Twin

Give Advanced Flight Theory a ring on 07 5448 7770 they always organise a lot of accommodation for students attending their courses. They may be able to put you in touch with an agent.
This may save you having to trudge through the yellow pages.

Regards
Ash767

McIce
20th Dec 2002, 11:30
I agree with 'Ash' AFT (which is no doubt where you are going) will assist.
Its not the cheapest time of year here for accomodation but where you stay will depend on your priorities.
If you have a car 'Mooloolaba' is the where you want to stay. People there stay up to after 9pm.
If you dont have a car there are a few places in Marcoola that are a wee bit cheaper than the Hyat and Twin Waters but just as good. I stayed in one when I arrived just cant remember the name. I'll look tomorrow when I pass.
Anywhere in Marcoola is within walking distance of the airport but about $15 in a taxi to a decent pub.
Hope this helps
Ice

Aussiebert
20th Dec 2002, 20:39
If your up there to go to AFT stay close to the airport, you'll appreciate the shorter trips there and back each day. The AFT houses are quite basic but value for money. If your lucky (as i was) they'll be full and you'll score a 4 star apartment on the water...

If you do go though AFT get a room to yourself, its worth the extra money for the personal space and privacy

purpletank
21st Dec 2002, 13:42
Just got back from doing the AFT course up there. Best place would probably be a resort called Quest (just changed it's name though). Nice and quiet. And close to the airport.
About $100 a week. But there are plenty of places to stay.

Screw Jac
29th Dec 2002, 09:10
Coolum great place
Excellent for a spot of surfing after a day mashing your brain in the AFT classroom.....

And I so advise:D