PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver problems

BMM389EC
17th Dec 2002, 18:32
While I'm actually busy on the computer the screensaver decides to come on. Stays on for maybe a second or two and the goes away. Computer slows down and then a few seconds later the it tries to come on again. While I'm actually busy. Tried selecting another screensaver and it still does it. Any ideas? Win 95

PaperTiger
17th Dec 2002, 18:48
Dumb question maybe, but what's the wait setting ?
(Start,Settings,Control Panel,Display,Screen Saver)

timmcat
17th Dec 2002, 19:56
Screensavers are notorious for corrupting things.. has this just started to happen after installing a new screensaver?

fobotcso
17th Dec 2002, 21:37
I suggest, nay, I recommend that you dispense with screesavers altogether. They are quite unnecessary, consume processor and memory resources and can cause unpredictable behaviour as you have found.

If your graphics card and monitor support Power Management, I recommend that you limit your display management to that. At least you're doing something for the environment by switching off your monitor automatically after, say, 10 minutes or so.

Screensavers were useful once to prevent "burn-in" of a fixed image. Modern monitors don't suffer from this problem.

BMM389EC
18th Dec 2002, 09:19
The wait setting is 2 min. Installed a new screen saver a month or two ago. Could this be it?
Thanks for the replies guys. Not too jacked when it comes to computers. Will try the Power Managment idea.