PDA

View Full Version : OS licence conversion experience

maksim
17th Dec 2002, 07:36
G'day guys,

I am going to convert my ATPL for Australian licence. Study all CAR, CAO, AIP... and soon is going to Australia to sit CAOS and get some flying training before flight test. If someone walked this path, please spread your experience here.

I have posted it at G-A, but no reply came.
May be here I'll be more lucky:)

Sheep Guts
17th Dec 2002, 15:29
You could try looking at this website www.casa.gov.au there will be a section under Licences on Foriegn Conversion. It all depends on what licences you have really.

If you get no answers from the website, send Casa an email, with your enquirey, youll have to give them more info though than you have posted here. Hope this helps have a good Christmas.

Regards
Sheep

maksim
18th Dec 2002, 07:24
Sheep, thanks for reply and Xmas wishing.
I have Ukrainian ATPL FO ME and perhaps know CASA's site by heart :D . But before trying to start conversion just want to know the experience of people who really converted OS licences in OZ, especially if they had background other than UK, USA etc. Because even a pilot has some thousand hrs and wide experience, but got them in other part of world he will met new things when starts flying in other environment.

Regards and best wishes

Maks :)