PDA

View Full Version : Starting Fresh after 2 years absence

takeoff1
17th Dec 2002, 00:01
It has been almost 2 years now since i last got behind the wheel, although there is not a day that goes by wishing, getting married, home renovating etc have kept me from jumping back in. My question is, I have a CPL with 1300hrs on singles and twins, however, haven't flown since Jan 15 2001, what do I need to do to get back "on line" and be able to go flying for fun again- only on singles at this stage to build up my knowledge/confidence again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, all my legal bits are in storage!

Any suggestions to any training schools/charter companies within 4hours of sydney would also be greatly appreciated.

thanks

sedgie
:p

PLovett
17th Dec 2002, 01:00
takeoff 1

Can't help you about Sydney but when I came back to aviation after 15 years absence, all it took was a medical and BFR.

Given your previous flight experience, you shouldn't find any problems with handling the aircraft.

The only thing that changes much is airspace requirements. They had changed so much in the time I was away from flying that I decided to do CPL theory exams to try and come up to speed.

Tell you something, its when you get airborne again that makes you realise just how much you have missed flying.

Have lots of fun. :)

QNIM
17th Dec 2002, 01:35
PLovett is right all you have to do is book in for
a AFR as they are now called (who knows why they
changed it) get a medical if not current take that
along with your log book and licence,there have
been some changes over the last two years, so
briefing should take an hour or two and the flight
shouldn't more than a couple of hours. Cheers Q