PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

GWA
16th Dec 2002, 21:30
Hi guys and girls,
Just putting the feelers out are there any vacancies for senior crewing bods at ryanair in stn.
cheers in advance.
Sorry moderator did not know where else to put it.:confused: ;)

paperpusher
17th Dec 2002, 00:39
Ryanair have been looking for crewing staff at STN, but at what level or rates of pay I'm not sure, I think it was high teens..
Can't be any clearer sorry, give them a ring and ask
Good Luck

GWA
17th Dec 2002, 00:44
cheers pp i think i will do, sorry mate got any handy phone numbers ?
gwa

Chef
17th Dec 2002, 03:55
GWA

Try 01279 666292 chap

rgds

GWA
17th Dec 2002, 04:01
cheers boss, i will give it a try.
gwa

walla
17th Dec 2002, 04:34
Does Ryanair have ops at stn and are they looking?

VIKING9
17th Dec 2002, 11:38
FR pay £20k for a Controller at STN.

GWA
17th Dec 2002, 20:01
What is FR like to work for,shift patterns, how many on a shift, and what are the bods like to work with.
gwa

walla
21st Dec 2002, 14:50
:( Has nobody got any views on ryanair ?
Surely it cannot be that bad :confused: :confused:

VIKING9
6th Jan 2003, 09:02
This has gone a bit quiet hasn't it? Are FR still looking for Crewing staff at STN ?

paperpusher
7th Jan 2003, 07:04
Last I heard they are looking (still) for combined Ops/Crewing
staff, depends who you speak to as to how it is to work for them!
Hard work 12hrs with little or no breaks, but they are understaffed at the moment, Sorry it sounds so bleak but that was the feedback I got yesterday. They used to be a great company to work for, good group of people, but that was over 4 years ago.
Cheers PP

VIKING9
7th Jan 2003, 08:06
Finally spoke to the Ops Director who told me to send a CV, which I did, so it would seem they are still on the look out. Spoke also to a Supervisor and he confirms they are keen to get more suitably qualified staff..........on £20k ??:(

Rushden Diamond
7th Jan 2003, 19:13
Cant a find an actual e-mail for Stansted Ops on the website...................anyone help ???

Dave Diamond
------------------------------------

VIKING9
7th Jan 2003, 21:49
Funny old thing that, even speaking to their Ops people, they don't know either, seems they only have internal e-mail.

VIKING9
24th Jan 2003, 08:48
Update
On 7th January I got a call asking me to attend an interview that day. After explaining that although available at short notice, that was too short. I went along the next day instead. My next day went like this.

They told me to attend at a certain time and I was on site at that time. I then had to wait half an hour for the interviewers to appear, and no apology was forthcoming. What would have happened if I was late ? The interview was conducted by an Ops Supervisor, very nice girl, a personnel bod, generally ok and the Deputy DFO. This character needs to go back to charm school. Arrogant, blunt and rude sum this guy up.

After telling me that the probabtion period is one year he then told me that during that time he could just get rid of me if he didn't like me. Yeh, try it and see what happens. After a few questions were fired around the room in no real direction, he and the supervisor got up and left the room saying they would be in touch within a few days. The personnel guy then asked if I was offered the job could I start in one weeks time. I said yes to be told, "that won't happen because of the time it takes for passes to be issued". Why ask if I could start within a week then? He then promptly got up and started to leave the office telling me that if I had any questions I should follow him on his way out. I rapidly lost interest in Ryanair at that point. If this is what airlines are coming to then there's no wonder staff at locos are unhappy.

To be told I would get a phone call within a few days is one thing. To be treated as I was is another. I'm a professional in what I do. I at least deserve some respect when being interviewed. All this happened on January 8th and I've heard nothing since. No reply to e-mails, no reply to phone calls.:confused:

For those of you wanting to pursue Ryanair at STN in Ops/Crewing, take a bit of free advice - DON'T - If you want to be treated like a dog off the street at the interview, let alone whilst at work - then DO IT !!:rolleyes:

Moonraker One
27th Jan 2003, 20:56
A friend of mine went for an interview at a HIGH COST airline about 4 years a go. I think it was called BLACKBURN ROVERS based in Exeter. He was in line to be Flight Ops Director so he was somewhat surprised that they never bothered to contact him with the result. So after a week he rang them and they couldn't tell him anything or even give an explanation. He told them that he would not work with or for a company that was so rude and disorganised.

So my point is locost/hicost all run by Ars@holes!

VIKING9
1st Feb 2003, 07:58
well that sums up Ryanair that's for sure. Shame Buzz had to sell out to these clowns, more good people will now be looking for a job to get away from Ryanair........:eek:

ghost-rider
1st Feb 2003, 18:34
Can't believe you were treated like that Viking. Disgracefull. :*

That's RYR deleted from my escape and evade list then ! :rolleyes:

VIKING9
1st Feb 2003, 20:02
ghost-rider every word of it true and to this day they have not replied to my e-mails, letters or phone calls. After being in touch with the people selected to act as referees, not one of them has been contacted by Ryanair. I stick with my advice to others.............do NOT touch Ryanair unless you want to be treated like a dog. They are a disgrace to the industry and I feel sorry for others who will be treated like I was.

If the Deputy DFO ever reads this, I hope you know who I am and I sincerely hope that I never come across you or the likes of you again. Ryanair does not deserve to have good people working for them and I'm VERY glad now that I wasn't selected.

ghost-rider
2nd Feb 2003, 02:45
Viking,

Well done for keeping your integrity & telling them where to ram it !

Their Deputy DFO should be named and shamed on this thread ! (but might be a good idea to check with your lawyer first !) :rolleyes:

It would be poetic-justice for said DFO if someone in the know was to sign-up to Pprune with a one-off username, and say, log-on from somewhere that couldn't have any comeback, an internet cafe for example, and expose the git ! :D

ps Not that I'm encouraging that sort of behaviour mind !! ;)

VIKING9
7th Feb 2003, 23:03
So, Ryanair are still recruiting for Crewing Officers at STN. Good luck to one and all who get to the interview stage. Be interesting to hear others feedback in due course......:ok:

walla
9th Feb 2003, 23:21
Viking9, I know exactly what you mean, i had the same interview except a cleaner walked in during the interview and started to empty bins.
This was after they made me wait 1 hour after my appointment, i got a quick response (about 2 weeks) got offered the job but turned it down. I would rather stay orange than work for them.:mad:

VIKING9
10th Feb 2003, 08:31
walla at least you got a reply. I still haven't heard anything and it would give me great pleasure to turn them down in writing stating the reasons why. I wasn't the only one treated like a 2nd class stamp then :rolleyes:

walla
11th Feb 2003, 02:49
Just heard of another girl , she got the job lasted 4 days quit, and went back to our other half.:=

VIKING9
11th Feb 2003, 06:59
ah ha, the plot thickens. So this lass quit after 4 days hey, I wonder if she was given a one year probation period? Quite honestly, I can now see why Ryanair don't hold on to good people. They can't see them for looking. In this case, it's good news that this girl was able to go back to her old job and tell Ryanair where to poke it. More feedback from others would be good to hear.......:)

sum41
12th Feb 2003, 16:05
If anybody wants to work in stn ops for FR,, there are jobs going.
It is just a crewing base. All the ops work is done from dub. There are two people in dub ops at all time, doing everything. In stn you work 4 on 4 off so if you want to come work with us make sure you bring a packed lunch just incase you do get time to eat

whose ya daddy!
23rd Feb 2003, 17:51
Mr viking

Having started my career in FR ops in late 97 I settled into what I deemed to be my dream job. Yes it was hard and the hours were crap(once worked a straight 24hrs)but I loved it. However, as a new initative I was supposed to be trained to a 'satisfactory level' by their then ops supervisor. He balitaintly didnt do this, prefering to spend his time browsing airliners.net and other aviation websites, telling me everyday that training would start 'tomorrow'.
8 months down the line and after using my own initative to learn the job, and after helping FR to set up bases in in italy for them, I was called into the office of the ground ops manager, Mr D O'B, who calmly told me that he PERSONALLY thought i would never make it as an operations man, much to the disapproval of his personell manager and most of the pilots at the time. and that was it!! I was fired on the spot!!
Just for your info, I stuck at the ops thing, and have now been doing it for a bigger and better outfit for 3 and a half years. I am on the verge of becoming an ICAO registered F.O.O./dispatcher, and I never let his views stop my dreams/aspirations in this line of work, although I very nearly did. By the way, Im not a Ryanair hater as I fly with them regularly, and loved working with the 'good ones', Im just giving you my unfortunate side of a sad tale. Good luck to you all in your careers!

VIKING9
24th Feb 2003, 06:55
A complete shower by all accounts.......:D whose ya daddy! Glad to see you have gone on to do better things, well done. I know the lads and lasses in Tango land aren't that happy but it can't be as bad as FR surely ?? I'd hope they would treat potential new recruits better than experienced first hand.:p

sum41
26th Feb 2003, 01:30
HEY VIKING9
ITS NOT BAD AT ALL HERE. YES YOU HAVE DAYS THAT YOU JUST WANT TO PACK UP AND GO HOME BUT ITS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK. THE OPS STAFF WE HAVE ARE VERY GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO WHEN YOU THINK WE HAVE 54 PLANES WITH ALOT MORE TO COME AND ONLY TWO PEOPLE LOOKING AFTER THEM ALL. 12 HOURS ADAY CAN BE LONG BUT WHO DOESNT HAVE BAD DAYS AT THE OFFICE. STN IS JUST A CREWING BASE AND THATS ALL IT EVER WILL BE. THE OPS WORK IS DONE FROM DUBLIN ABD WE GET ALOT OF SUPPORT FROM D.O.B AND THE OTHER OPS MANAGERS. THE ROSTER IS GREAT WITH GOOD TIME OFF. I THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS THINK BAD OF THE RYANS AND I KNOW THEY CAN HAVE FAULTS BUT YOU HAVE SPEAK WELL OF THE PEOPLE WHO PUT MOL WHERE HE IS TODAY AND THAT IS US.
WE HAVE A GOOD PAY DEAL IN PLACE WITH SHARES AND SHARE OPTIONS. WE ALL WANT MORE MONEY WITH MORE TIME OFF BUT AGAIN WHO DOESNT. IF ANYBODY WANTED TO WORK IN FR OPS THEY WOULD LOVE IT IN DUBLIN. SO TRUST ME ITS NOT AS BAD AS PEOPLE MAKE OUT, IF IT WAS I WOULDNT STILL BE HERE AFTER TEN YEARS

VIKING9
26th Feb 2003, 17:36
sum41 the points are duly noted and I dare say FR are fairly good to work for. The points I and others make are based on the way we were treated at the interview stage. To be told FR would sack me if they didn't like me (and the DFO was deadly serious) and then for he and the other person to just get up and walk out half way through the interview, I personally find VERY unprofessional. I have no problems agreeing that FR may be a good company to work for, but I'm sure you would agree, first impressions always count and with my interview experience still fresh in my mind, my first impressions are that FR sucks. It could just be the DFO who sucks and nothing else, but as I said, first impressions go a long way.

sum41
27th Feb 2003, 00:35
Points taken viking and do understand where you are coming from , just at times you feel somebody always like to bash you.
We are not all like Mol in here even though some people like to think they are and i also have a good idea who interviewed you so do know why you would feel that way.