PDA

View Full Version : Future of Cabair?

kingfisher03
7th Oct 2001, 17:21
Does anyone in the know think cabair (and to be more exact their college) will weather this one out?

They seemed to be struggling financially before Sept - and I can't imagine their phones are red hot right now with wannabes!

How likely is it they will survive, and if its unlikely, how long will they last?

They already have my life savings, hence my concern.

It wouldn't be the first time a biggish FTO vanished with everyones money!

kevcookie
7th Oct 2001, 17:56
How far are you into your training.Presumably you were offered a discount for money up front. If you are really worried ask for it back and forgo the discount. You end up paying more but at least you'll safeguard your remaining savings. You might consider the self improvers route. One of the advantages is if a particular aspect of training is giving you problems you can always step away and perhaps shore the weakness up by utilising the one of the many good sim packages . This means you can insure yourself against running over budget by sorting it on the ground not in the air. regards

Atlanta
7th Oct 2001, 18:49
May I suggest that you may be able to get your bank to do a check on Cabair for you by contacting their bank. You would need to be able to say who their banker is. I don't know what they would charge for this but it might be worthwhile if only to put your mind at rest.
Why not write to the financial director of Cabair, asking for re-assurance. You have a legitimate reason for asking, having given them a substantial sum.
Alternatively, get their latest submitted accounts from Companies House. This may give some idea of their financial stability.

kingfisher03
7th Oct 2001, 19:04
Thanks for the advise... i'll take action on those points this week.