PDA

View Full Version : Not another conversion question.....REALLY!

Retarded Spark
16th Dec 2002, 11:10
G'day all,

Now this is not another question about getting full time flying work in the States - I have read the posts on that. My wife is considering an exchange to Maryland University (if that is what it is called??) for 6 months next year. Of course, I'd love to go with her, but being a temporary thing, I am not after a Green Card or such like. I read a J-1 Temporary Visa is the way to go, but I don't think I'd even convert to a Commercial Licence to fly. Wondering about the availability of ground work around airports or smaller charter companies - baggage handling or office work - if anyone knows of companies I can contact to start getting more information, or if business is small in Maryland or hiring is slow in today's climate. Basically, I am prepared to do no flying bar some dual fancies, but can't survive not being around AVGAS or AVTUR.

Appreciate any help - email if necessary.

Thanks

RS

McD
17th Dec 2002, 14:23
At one time, the University of Maryland had an Aviation Club, which provided information regarding local flight schools and airports. An internet search, however, has only provided links to photos which haven't been updated since 1998, so I don't know if the club is still in existence.

Perhaps your wife has some general contact information for the University of Maryland. If so, you could e-mail them directly and ask about the club.

Retarded Spark
18th Dec 2002, 10:47
Thanks McD...At leame of least I know the name of the uni now.