View Full Version : Pilot Assist College

Billies
16th Dec 2002, 09:32
Hi there,

Does anybody have any thoughts and opinions on the above. What they are like as a training organisation, efficiency, professionalism, etc..... Any feedback from current students or those in the know would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Awyrennwr
16th Dec 2002, 20:31
From my experience they are very good. They are very professional, this is probably because of strong links with the airlines.
The staff are all very experienced in the aviation industry, flight and ground training.

Efficiency is good, correspondance is always prompt. They have a very good first time pass rate for ATPL's and I belive are in the process of improving this further with the use of new ATPL manuals.

They seem to have structured the course to cater exactly to what the airlines want so have included things such as structured hour building and airline prep. In order to enrole I believe you have to be apptitude tested by GAPAN and score well (recommended before you fork out £40K!), and also hold a class 1 med, as well as the usual interview.
Prices are competative and I have not learned of any hidden costs. They can offer some form of help with getting loans etc..

On the negative side the are not that well established or developed yet, but at their current rate that will change very rapidly

Overall I think PAC to be an efficient and proffesional school with not to many students (a good thing), and a good reputation for airline placement.

Best adivice - give them a call, they are very helpfull.

Hope this is of use

2WingsOnMyWagon
16th Dec 2002, 20:58
...and a good reputation for airline placement.

I have to disagree with this point, as far as i know they have yet to get anyone into the airlines. Im not knocking them as they are a fairly new operation and some their students who i know, are very happy with them.

Awyrennwr
16th Dec 2002, 23:38
I have yet to confirm this but I believe that they have placed quite a few now. I think they placed a student with Britannia less than a month a month ago and he wasn't the first they've placed.
I have no evidence to back this up I'm afraid, it's just what I,ve heard from PAC students.

They don't just place their own students, they place pilots who already hold licences and have experience.

Kefuddle_UK
17th Dec 2002, 10:37
Billies,

Book yourself into one of their seminars. Alternatively, make an appointment and they will be glad to show you around. Their transparency, honesty, general attitude and approach is very pleasing. The only drawback for me is the distance from my abode in the south.

EH8
18th Dec 2002, 22:23
Billies,

I attended one of their seminars two months ago and was reasonably impressed with the set up and the MD ‘Rick’ he seems quite a genuine guy and didn’t try any bu*%*$it, having said that, the chap I was speaking with was a wee bit pushy and had me pencilled in to start full time PPL training in December!!!

I also visited the flight training base at Tollerton, unfortunately no one was there but it looked a wee bit run down, maybe just a bad day.

I am still thinking about using them but the two main drawbacks are the distance and I feel it might be a bit pricey in comparison to other schools.

Good Luck

Go-Around
19th Dec 2002, 11:18
Where are PAC doing the flying training now, and who with?

scubawasp
19th Dec 2002, 15:16
I know a person who used to work there, great person, did my IMC at another club before that person went there.
From what I understand they actual farm the CPL etc out to other schools. I would investigate them throughly before parting with your cash.
Apparently they're nice guys but ...

EH8
19th Dec 2002, 15:28
Go-Around,

They are doing the PPL training at Nottingham Airport, Tollerton apparently using their own instructors. Don't know about advanced training!!