PDA

View Full Version : EAAC 747Freighter

SevenO
15th Dec 2002, 21:33
Any truth in the hot rumour that EAAC are about to obtain two or possibly three 747freighters?

stormin norman
26th Dec 2002, 11:51
Possible 2 freighters to be subleased to Dragonair.

Max Burner
28th Dec 2002, 08:11
Would this interesting hot rumour cover the crewing of these aircraft. An aircaft lease or an all inclusive package?

CR2
28th Dec 2002, 17:16
Q from me.
I've been in 74F operations since 1989.
... someone tell me where the heck ANYONE proposes to source a freighter? Check the market, try to lease one, hire one for charter...Any luck let me know!
Are we talking ex pax -100/200 for conversion? $1M/each before conversion...add $4-5M for the freight job (Israeali - no guarantees, lower weights ) & a D-check for $6-7M minimum.... Not a very interesting proposal,.
Sorry guys, that market came and went years ago. If you are prepared to talk about rock bottmom salaries, may just work. Doubt it.

Fly747
28th Dec 2002, 20:02
Depends what deal you get from KA dunnit!

Redstripe
29th Dec 2002, 14:31
CR2,

What you mention is exactly what Dragonair are proposing to do at the moment, but with -300s. The sums involved are several times the figures you mention, however.

Whether EAAC decide to try the cargo market is another matter. There are still plenty of -200s in storage, and the aquisition of some of these would seem to be a distinct possibility.

There is undoubtably money to be made out of freight from/to the UK. If AFX can do it, then an outfit with a little organisation (which EAAC now has) might even make a good job of it!

Max Burner
29th Dec 2002, 20:48
KA have already converted 3 Combi -300's for what I am told was a very reasonable price. Rumour has it is that they are looking to buy a couple more to convert. Conversions done at XMN, China. I think labour is cheaper there than in Isreal!

raitfaiter
30th Dec 2002, 16:36
Hmmmm CR2, your -400 bias is showing.... Remember that the -400 still has to stop in the gulf at least one way to the far east. Even for a high hours a/c, the conversion and flight deck upgrade (RNP ONE by the way as opposed to RNP 5 on some lesser types), plus a D check stillcomes to much less than the yearly interest payments on a new -400. Ask Martinair where they sourced theirs, and who was bidding against them. Theres life in the Queen of the Skies yet!!!!!:D :p :D

CR2
30th Dec 2002, 17:34
Hi raitf, no not really.
Nothin' to do with payload really (but since you mention it, ok we do tech stop at max extended zfw - that translates to 129T payload. Manage central europe-HKG 100T direct too.
Yup, still life in the old girl yet - I started on them, and they're close to my heart - 6 hour sectors at high weight, but guess MK have that cornered. Silly rates that I doubt a European carrier could match.
I am prejudiced in one way tho': No nose door = no freighter. Package carrier. CR2 told Airbus that about the Megablunderbus; Airbus not pleased with CR2.
10 year old -400 pax a/c going for around $50-55m; first Boeing conversions planned for 2005; Do the chinese plan their own STC?
Bye the way, spill the beans on MP will ya?

FaPoGai
1st Jan 2003, 12:20
Cher raitfaier
All good interesting stuff. However at the risk of being labeled pedantic The Queen of the Skies has always been a Burbank Babe
and not a Seattle Scrubber!
Rgds

raitfaiter
1st Jan 2003, 13:53
Sounds like a load of gao pei to me.......;)