PDA

View Full Version : Shooting War?

SOPS
15th Dec 2002, 18:40
On another D+G forum, Woomera has stated that he believes we are about to head into another shooting war.'

So I was just wondering, what is everyone's opinion. Will there be a war in the Gulf and,if so, what will the effects be on the aviation industry.

Ladies and Gentleman, I throw the floor open and await your comments with interest.

Sheep Guts
15th Dec 2002, 23:20
Well Aviation in the Defence sector will do well, Companies like Boeing, that are hurt by the Airline down turn, will pick work in other areas.
As for the local scene well who knows really....Is this a wind up..

Regards
SHEEP

SOPS
16th Dec 2002, 10:04
No Sheep, not a wind up. Iwas just interested in opinions as to what people think. If you listen to the BBC or CNN or other such sources, there are many differing views on when and if a war will come and just how long it will be, and what effects on the wider economy it will have.

I was just interested as to what PPruners thoughts were, as normally, they tend to be surpisingly accurate:)

Gnadenburg
16th Dec 2002, 11:03
It will be quick and relatively contained.

Some Republican Guard units will create havoc in urban centres but the hope is this will be contained by a rising anti-Hussein groundswell.

As with all wars, there will be some surprise capabilities brought to bare by Iraq. Dirty bomb? Chem' warfare? Bio?

Media grabbing headlines but in wont alter the final capitulation as the technology will be rudimentary at best.

We now have control of their oilfields so the "House Of Saudi" less of a concern!

Continued terrorism, just like the eighties, but aviation and life goes on.