PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Helicopter Flying Jobs

SASless
15th Dec 2002, 16:49
Rumor has it.....anyone that needs a short term job and who holds an FAA license can find one now.

Some operators have a turnover rate that rivals US trucking outfits.....need a place to wait for a job and avoid the unemployment line....sign up. Take the training....do one or two hitches...find that other job and move on , seems to be the scheme nowadays. Seems the operator will spend $20,000 in training and related costs to replace a pilot rather than improve pay and benefits for the pilots already employed.

Or.....am I misreading the signs?

PS....Spanish speakers preferred !

handyandyuk
15th Dec 2002, 20:24
uno helicoptero piloto por favor senor:D

needs work, methinks:(

Woss goin on..?
16th Dec 2002, 12:06
Care to expand on this post please.....? Middle East must beat the fog and rain here!

ATPMBA
16th Dec 2002, 13:05
SASless,

What kind of equipment do they have ?

How many hours are they looking for, total-time, turbine, multi-engine, offshore ?

What’s the pay scale ?

If a U.S. citizen works over there is it all tax-free ?

Thank you.

212man
16th Dec 2002, 17:52
Well, it must be old news that Gulf have been advertising lately.

Nice place: you can watch the Allied build up.

Any other vacancies in the region besides that?

malaysian eaglet
18th Dec 2002, 12:12
Yes,
Currently Malaysian Flying Academy is looking for 2 experienced rotorheads instructors.
If interested, contact me
[email protected] ;)

BlenderPilot
20th Dec 2002, 03:20
I don't want to go there because the pay simply sucks,

I love working down here.

Here is a tip for those of you jobseeking, I truly recommend that if you go work somewhere overseas, pick a spot where pilots are thought of as scarce individuals who are incredibly skilled and have special and knowledge/powers that few men have.

In most civilized countries employers have realized that being a line helicopter pilot is probably as equally difficult as being a truck driver and probably more easily replaceable, then they pay/treat their employees accordingly.

Working down here is like being a sort of superhero, the pay is pretty good and you are never abused or questioned.