PDA

View Full Version : FLIGHTCOM-Denali headset

virginblue737
7th Oct 2001, 13:48
Dose anybody have or tried the Denali headseat? Just wanting some feedback like comfort, price value, rating out of 10? Also what are they like compared to David Clark's?

Any feedback appreciated as I will be buying headseat's soon for my flying lessons. Any other suggestion's?

Information sheet at - null (http://www.flight-com.com/headsets/index.html)

Thanx
Dean

preiffer
9th Oct 2001, 11:53
I got the Denali ANR headset in the US this May. It's excellent. (The passive one is a little below par, so make sure you get the ANR version.)

I tried the David Clark ones, along with several other makes, and found the denali to have the sharpest sound, and most comfortable fit out of all of them. The only one I found that could beat it was the Bose Aviation X headset (which I tried, loved, and then cried when someone told me how much it cost...!)

My headset actually got damaged on one flight in the US, and Flightcom replaced it immediately (sending a replacement before I returned the original). Their service was excellent.

One thing to watch out for on the Denali's though... get the blue one, or you'll look like a construction worker...! :)

Unusual Attitude
10th Oct 2001, 18:38
Have you thought about the Pilot Avionics PA17-79 DNC ?

I bought a set about 2 months ago and am very happy with them. I did a 3.5 hour flight a few weeks ago and found they were extremely comfortable and performed flawlessly the whole flight. In fact I can say they are probably the most comfortable set I've ever used, including the newer David Clark stuff.

None of this having to buy new batteries all the time either, I just came home and plugged it into its charger for a couple of hours and it was ready to use again !

Regards

UA

virginblue737
11th Oct 2001, 16:10
Thanks guys for the feedback. When you say "The passive one is a little below par" just woundering in what ways?

I've never heard of Pilot Avionics PA17-79 DNC. Do they have a website?

Thanks agian.

CliffordAgius
11th Oct 2001, 16:47
Just a quick question about the ANR headsets I thought that these would cause problems when trying to fly. My thoughts where that the ANR would hide the Engine noise and tone and thus increase the difficulty in flying.

Is this the case?

I am starting my PPL seriously and plan to buy a Headset but was a bit worried about the ANR sets.

Any advise would be appreciated.

WGW
13th Oct 2001, 16:48
Not tried an ANR headset myself, but I read here a few months back that as only certain frequencies are filtered out, you can actually hear the engine better. The low frequency drone is lost, but the higher frequency mechanical noises are revealed, meaning you can still judge your RPM, and it's easier to hear if you've got a problem. Any comments?