PDA

View Full Version : Win XP E-mail Sharing

Green Bottle 2
14th Dec 2002, 08:39
I've recently upgraded to Win XP and my wife and I have separate user accounts. We both use the same e-mail address and wish to continue doing so but as we've both got OE6 set up to receive e-mails, only one of us gets each e-mail so we have to log onto each others account to get all the e-mails.

Is there a way we can both get copies of all e-mails or a way that we can be notified when a new e-mail is delivered to the other user?

Thanks in advance

GB2

Background Noise
14th Dec 2002, 09:32
These are just guesses, I've got 5 accounts and I'm not going to try these out!

Can you make your 'store folder', ie where you store all your messages, a folder in the shared documents directory so that you both access the same inbox etc?

Or have a common user account, that you can both access, just for email.

Or you could choose to 'leave a copy on the server' (under Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties and the Advanced tab) that way you could both download the same messages - but I guess you'll download your own mail again next time.

Green Bottle 2
14th Dec 2002, 11:05
Many thanks BGN

the leave a copy on the server option works.

The common user account wasn't the ideal although we did that with Win 98 previously.

Haven't tried the store folder idea but I was beginning to think that option may work - your third option appears to work OK so I've got my solution.

Many Thanks

GB2