PDA

View Full Version : Looking for work!

Skyway
14th Dec 2002, 04:21
Just a short note to see just how many people have over say 500hours and are looking for work, either charter or instructing. Also what sort of response from possible employers people are getting, given the industryat the moment.

I have been looking for work now for a while, have been North, South, East and spent most of my time West. I flew for a while then had to return to more economical work to pay off the $%^#*&^ huge debt I have to the Bank.

Anyone else in this situation, let us hang on, people are bound to move on sooner or later. I hope.

Anyway any comments appreciated.

:rolleyes: ;) :cool: :D :confused: :mad:

removalist
16th Dec 2002, 07:31
g'day skyway

your probably not in the area but darwin has been reasonably slow as far as employment goes. But there is the possibility of a few lads from different companies leaving within the coming months.

Which of course means guys with your experience could find an opening over the wet.

But as they say "It's all who you know not what you know"

Good luck with your travels

Mile High Society
18th Dec 2002, 10:50
Mate,

Your hours above that ofa base commercial pilot make you more employable in my opinion however, I think it will still be necessary to find a town that you like and hang out until a job appears.

I would suggest to you that any place up north such as Darwin, Alice or Broome, perhaps around some of the islands around Queensland, would be your best bet...

All the best....