PDA

View Full Version : King air C-90 rating

dreamflyer
13th Dec 2002, 13:52
hi everybody
was searching for a affordable C-90 type rating in this region
would be grateful for any info about it.
cheers
dreamflyer

OzExpat
14th Dec 2002, 01:47
I flew one of those for 1000 hours - do yourself a favour and save your money up for something worthwhile. Don't know of anyone who operates them that might have one available for general endorsement training though.

While it depends on your motive for wanting it, I'd suggest that a Super Kingair 200 would be of more value - and maybe not a lot more expensive. There's a few places around that offer B200 endorsements, depending entirely on what part of "this region" your talking about.

downwind
14th Dec 2002, 05:39
Dreamflyer,

I tend to agree with OZEXPAT about the usefulness of the "C90" rating, I think only RFDS WA ops has these. Anyway the C90 rating can be done at GFS moorabin or try www.flygeneral.com

The B200 rating would probably be a better solution for work in Australia, with many of these models working charter and ambulance ops ie. Pearl, RFDS etc.....
Try Australasian Jet at Essendon for the B200 rating.

Goodluck!
:)

Wagit
14th Dec 2002, 07:26
dreamflyer

Who ever does your endorsement. Ensure you get a good ground school.

Don't just read the book and come back next week for an 1.0 hours flying:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sheep Guts
14th Dec 2002, 21:41
I have 1400hrs on B90, my first Turbine so a little protective.
Mr. Ozexpat they are not a toy, Sir! They infact are the first of the King Airs, which may I ad are still in production and the most produced of the King Air range. Even when you hop in a B1900 you can tell its routes came from the 90. So Ossie hop back in your Shuttle or whatever you fly.

But I must tell you Dreamflyer,I got those 1400hrs outside Australia. I think there is less than 15 on the register in OZ where B200S number around 50 now. B200 is definitely the better option for OZ.
In the US you dont need a rating mind you as its still under 12,500 LBS , just need HIGH ALT ,and HIGH PERFORMANCE.:D :D :D

Regards
Sheep

P.S. Only jokes Ozexpat, have a Merry Christmas, from a fellow expat;)

OzExpat
15th Dec 2002, 02:19
Cheers SG and a Merry Christmas to you too! :)

when you hop in a B1900 you can tell its routes came from the 90
Yep, they lumber exactly the same on take-off... :D

All my 90 time was outside Oz too, dealing with LSA's that are waaay above it's optimum cruise altitude. It was a challenging intro to turbines... :eek:

Me current "Shuttle" is the superbly flexible B200 - a real gentleman's aeroplane! :)

gaunty
15th Dec 2002, 04:24
dreamflyer

Yup a B200 rating is better unless you have a seat on a C90.

BTW Ozexpat really meant;

"Me current "Shuttle" is the superbly flexible B200 - a real old gentleman's aeroplane!" :p

He was just being his usual modest self. :D

the wizard of auz
16th Dec 2002, 06:28
If its a Gentlemans aircraft, What the hell are you doing in it then Ozex? :D

OzExpat
17th Dec 2002, 13:12
Good OLD gaunty! :D I had to read yer post a few times, just to be sure ya hadn't shoe-horned that swear word "Cessna" in there somewhere! :p Are you coming to the bash in BNE on 21 December mate?

wiz... let's see... having coffee... relieving stress... and keeping well above the altitudes that YOU fly at! :p

the wizard of auz
18th Dec 2002, 13:36
Ozex, old mate, you would only ever see the altitudes I fly at all day twice a flight, once when you rotate and once when you flare. I get a nose bleed at 500 AGL :D