PDA

View Full Version : GATBASH SEMINARS - The FINAL listing

InFinRetirement
6th Oct 2001, 13:22
Well we got there in the end didn't we :D

This is the list of names I will welcome at the door on 15th December. No that far away now.

AIRBUS PILOT
ATC NIGHTMARE
BIG BAD DOM
BIG BLACK RAT
BIZ
BLINDSIDE
BUGGS
CALYPSO
CANDO
CAPT.BIGGLES
CHARLEY BOY
CYPRES
DELTA-WUN-WUN
DIGGA
ESSEX BOY
FINAL DESTINATION
FL390
FLORIDIAN FALCON
FLYPUPPY
FRA
GAF4139
GAZEEM
GEAR UP
GPS APPROACH
G-SXTY
HAROLD BISHOP
JONATHANG
JT8
MAD JOCK
MUSTBEE
NICK M
NOVEMBER WHISKEY
PILOTWOLF
PJ997
RED DEVIL
SCRATCH ONE BANDIT
SPEEDBIRD CONCORDE1
SPRINTING RABBIT
THE FLYING GUNMAN
THE GREENER GRASS
THE ISLANDER
THE NAVIGATOR
TOM775257
TOSH McCABER
TROUBLEATTHEMILL
VORTEX WHAT
WCALL
WE WERE SHOT DOWN
WEETABIX

I will be posting lecture times and other details nearer the time.

Glad you could make it.

IFR

[ 23 November 2001: Message edited by: InFinRetirement ]

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: InFinRetirement ]

redsnail
6th Oct 2001, 14:34
And I bet all the lecturers are just sooooo happy I won't be in the audience heckling :D

scroggs
6th Oct 2001, 17:30
I trust you'll be there for the bash, Reddo?

redsnail
6th Oct 2001, 18:23
Scroggs,
Just try and stop me. It's a few days before I am scheduled to fly home for Christmas :D

InFinRetirement
6th Oct 2001, 22:39
Don't worry Reddo got just the job for you - Mother Christmas. Can't get any reindeer but I did get a couple of escaped Afghans from Battersea Dogs home :cool:

Well I was told they came from there! :eek:

Sensible
7th Oct 2001, 02:23
Too late IFR I just heard that the Irish SAS just carried outr a raid at Battersea dogs home and shot all the Afghans in retaliation for the WTC atrocity!!

redsnail
7th Oct 2001, 03:42
Ah.. I was hoping to be minding the bar :p

G SXTY
7th Oct 2001, 12:07
Erm, what sort of presents will Mother Christmas be handing out? :)

InFinRetirement
20th Nov 2001, 18:23
Bringing this back to allow people to get their bearings. Best be there for 0830 so you can see which of the two lists you are on, and of course, to check-in.

CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP SHOWING THE HOTEL (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?X=528394&Y=144099&arrow=Y&zoom=3)

[ 20 November 2001: Message edited by: InFinRetirement ]

Wee Weasley Welshman
20th Nov 2001, 19:44
Crikey IFR! Is that 08.30z we are kicking off at?

Blimey. WWW

InFinRetirement
20th Nov 2001, 22:04
No WWW - 0930. Just want to get the checkin done in time. It also allows for stragglers.

Funkie
20th Nov 2001, 23:11
Hi All,

IFR, Eventually, you managed to get the lot, well done.

Question for all, who will be flying/traveling to the bash from EDI. As I'm a local, we could meet up before hand at the airport…….

Also, if any folks are looking to stay over the night before the trip, my mother owns a hotel and we can offer a wee bit discount for anyone wishing to stay, just send me an e-mail ([email protected]) not a plug, honest!!

See you all there.

Regards

Fra
:D

charles_auty
21st Nov 2001, 00:48
Just a quick message asking if I'm on the list - It says Charley Boy, not Charlie Boy! Can you e-mail me IFR and let me know! Thanks,

Charlie Boy

InFinRetirement
22nd Nov 2001, 15:59
Map and other details above. Please note. I had an e-mail yesterday asking everything that has been posted time and again. PPRuNe search is working now!

:rolleyes:

InFinRetirement
23rd Nov 2001, 22:33
Another place has become available at the seminars.

If there is anyone interested please let me know by e-mail asap. The cost will be £20.

tom775257
24th Nov 2001, 17:48
Does anyone need a lift down there from the midlands/ specifically Birmingham area?? I will be returning to brum after the seminar has finished... not staying for the evening.
Tom.

InFinRetirement
27th Nov 2001, 14:51
Time to put this back to the top with a revised list.

BIG BLACK RAT
8th Dec 2001, 22:01
- Back to the top -

Any updates on the arrangements for the big day in Horley ?

:)

November Whiskey
10th Dec 2001, 17:24
b.t.t.t.

IFR,

Any news for us on Saturday's itinery?

Cheers!

N.W. :D

aidybennett
10th Dec 2001, 18:34
Sorry, not quite sure what this is about. I assumed it refered to last months Flyer Career sennimar, to which I went. Whats this 15 Dec Gatbash? And Does Capt.Biggles refer to me? Please inlighten. :confused:

The Gatbash is an twice annual do for all PPRuNers (read PPRuNe Bashes forum). Also read the Wannabes forum to see what the seminars ar about. No! Capt Biggles is not YOU! Where have you been???? You can get unconfused if you lurk around the other forums. :rolleyes:

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Pop ]

InFinRetirement
10th Dec 2001, 18:37
Fair enough!

For everyone. The 50 will be split into two groups of 25. The subjects covered will be as follows.

Specifically, ATC, ATPL/CPL, Wannabes, Military, CV's.

There will also be one or two small chats at the end of the seminars. I will be doing a short one on airlines - "then now and the future".

It all kicks off at 10 a.m. there will be two sessions in the morning and two in the afternoon, in between each session will be a coffee break and, of course, a break for lunch.

So. 1000-1230 - LUNCH - 1345 - 1545 and 1545 to 1645.

Please arrive by 0930, but the check-in desk will be open at 0830 with coffee available.

Lecturers include: Danny, Rob Lloyd, Hamrah, WWW, Redsnail, CrashDive, PPRune Radar, StopStart, Scroggs, Sick Squid and IFR.

Have a good time, you have the best people around to help you.

IFR

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: InFinRetirement ]

Delta Wun-Wun
11th Dec 2001, 05:16
IFR,
Can you e-mail me asap.

Cheers
DWW

G SXTY
11th Dec 2001, 22:14
Reddo lecturing on Saturday? I love the irony!

Promise to be on my best behaviour . . . :D

redsnail
11th Dec 2001, 23:29
Yeah G-SXTY, it was the only way to shut me up and keep me out of the bar for a few hours. :D
You had better listen up 'cos I ask questions :D

G SXTY
11th Dec 2001, 23:54
Ah, I can see it now. Callsign Charlie, with a PhD in astrophysics. You do not salute her, but you’d better listen to her because the Government listens to her about your proficiency . . . :) :)

What’s your subject by the way? (just so I can read up & not get all embarrassed when I’m singled out). :p

FL390
12th Dec 2001, 01:13
Wahoo!!! Only 3 more days of school!!!! :D :cool: :D :cool: And then, PPRuNe Seminar!!!!

Can't wait. ;) ;)

InFinRetirement
12th Dec 2001, 01:21
And G SXTY! I will not tolerate her being given a bad time. I can do that all on my own! :D

calypso
12th Dec 2001, 14:54
Hello there, I am one of the lucky 50 and will come regardless. I have one question though, is this more geared to people considering wether to join the fray or those of us with mud up to our eyeballs looking for that first job?

Cal

G SXTY
12th Dec 2001, 17:22
All are welcome Calypso. Last time around, it ranged from people who had never even had a trial flight to 4000+hr pilots.

The variety helps get the debate going, and its useful for low or zero hour wannabes to hear what people further down the line are thinking.

Besides which, it would be extremely boring if everyone was the same - you certainly wouldn't want to be surrounded by 50 G-SXTYs! :) :)

scroggs
14th Dec 2001, 17:39
Calypso,
the seminar is aimed at anyone with a genuine desire to become a professional pilot, whether civil or military. Of necessity, it must cover subjects which may not be strictly relevent to some attendees, but will apply to others. We hope that, nevertheless, all the lectures (more like discussions) will be interesting and useful to the majority of you. And we get to continue in the bar afterwards (18 and over only.....!).
IFR, I'm sorry, but you're not getting Reddo-baiting all to yourself. I wanna go!

InFinRetirement
14th Dec 2001, 17:54
Ok scroggs, we are six or seven down - they have dropped out for one reason or another. So you can sit in on HER lecture. :D She'll kill me now :eek:

FL390
15th Dec 2001, 00:00
Wahey! School has finished! :p :cool: :D

Can't wait for the seminar!! No lie in though! ;)

Is there a dress code?

FL390
15th Dec 2001, 02:15
I as just finalising the detail of how I am going to get there, and I really think that you couldn't have picked a more remote spot!! :D :D

hehe, well, only joking! I'm sure I will get there.....eventually!

tom775257
15th Dec 2001, 04:33
Well....
It's 00:43, just finished my friend's 21st. I am so looking forward to getting up at 5:30am.... :eek:
See you all tomorrow.
tom.
Edited due to white Russians.

[ 15 December 2001: Message edited by: tom775257 ]

BIG BLACK RAT
15th Dec 2001, 22:18
Well just returned from a fun filled day at Horley and decided to tell all you folks that couldnt make it....you lost out...try and book early next time !

Its was great to meet with so many like minded people and nice to put a face to all of the names that appear on the site

Thank you to all thoses that made today as fun and as informative as it was. And also to those of you that work almost unseen in the background to keep pprune running.

I'm really sorry that I had to bail out early this evening (I wont be next time) and wish you all the best for xmas + 2002.

PS - It'll be jeans and a rugby shirt next time....but thanks to the American gent that gave me a tip after I held the door open for him - will work for beer ! ! !

See you on the M23 / M25

Big Black Rat :cool:

AirbusPilot
15th Dec 2001, 23:20
Just got back as well, and i have to say i loved it, time well spent down there. CONGRATULATIONS to all organisers and lectures.

Regards
Pedro :p

Scratch One Bandit
16th Dec 2001, 00:33
I'm just back from what has been a great day. Nice to meet the mods and fellow ppruners. It's just a shame I couldn't stay for the bash. Maybe next time? You betcha! :D My thanks to the mods.