PDA

View Full Version : A Day at Ryanair

Wizofoz
12th Dec 2002, 00:35
Have read ALL the slagging for and against FR, so don't worry, I feel well informed.

One question, though. I know about the early/late pattern, but what is typical actual signon time for early, late, and what would be a typical sign-off time for each?

How much flying usually in a day? Two sectors to the continent? Four around Britain? A combo of both?

Do you do reserve and if so, what are the rules?

What type of flight planning is in use?

Anyone based Stansted, where are some good areas to live (Schooling a priority), and how long is the commute? Is public transport an option?

Thanks for any info.

FlyingIrishman
13th Dec 2002, 20:30
The signon times depend on the departure time of your flight. You have to report for duty to the flight ops department 45 minutes before STD. Signoff times depend again on the arrival time of your flights but usually not too long after being positioned on stand (allow 30 minutes).

A typical day would be 4 sectors, originating from and returning to Stansted.

Pilots are required to be listed for standby every now and again, if you are called in to work on a day off, you'll be paid £200.

I can't remember off hand what type of flight planning is used but can find out.

The most popular area for STN based people seems to be Bishops Stortford, about 10-15 minutes away from the airport.

I've noticed you're from Australia, there are 2 Australian captains based at STN at the moment.

Hope this helps.