PDA

View Full Version : Capt.Rob Mascall.

Sleeve Wing
11th Dec 2002, 20:10
Rob Mascall.

I have been asked by Rob's family to pass on the very sad news that he suddenly passed away during the late afternoon of Tuesday, 10th.December.

Rob was well known, and indeed a very good friend,to many of the crews at bmi-British Midland and to those at Shell Aviation for whom he had worked during the last fifteen years or so.

For family reasons, the funeral is being delayed until Monday,the 30th.December, and will be held at 1500 local at the Amersham Crematorium. All his friends and colleagues will be welcome at the service.

I,for one, have lost a true and trusted friend and a great mate.
We have lost a bloody good pilot and a thoroughly professional skipper.

All our sympathies go out to Sue and Gemma, Jay and Ben at this dreadful time.

Sleeve Wing.

Soddit
11th Dec 2002, 20:46
On 3rd March 1980 I flew as Rob's F/O on some of his first sectors released as a BMA Viscount Captain. Very sad to hear of his passing and sincere condolences to his family. Makes you appreciate our fragility.:(

packsonflite
11th Dec 2002, 22:10
I knew Rob thoughout his time with BM and was very sad to see him leave when he left to join Shell.

My thoughts are with his family.

He will be missed by a great many people.

packsonflite

Anthony Carn
12th Dec 2002, 06:54
Very sad news indeed.

Words which do Rob justice are difficult to find -- a great colleague to operate with in my early British Midland days. Always made the day easy and fun, as the best have the knack of doing. You got what you saw -- an honest and trustwothy man. There really is no justice in this world.

Rest in peace, Rob.

beachman
12th Dec 2002, 14:21
A true gentleman; and a very true friend. Rest easy, Rob.

Hugh Jorgen
12th Dec 2002, 18:52
Great guy, great fun, true professional - it's just not fair.
My thoughts go to Sue and the rest of the family, I wish I could take away your pain.

RIP Mate

MaximumPete
15th Dec 2002, 11:01
I can remember having a couple of beers with Rob and then down to the Chimney Corner for lunch. It just seems like yesterday.

RIP

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
16th Dec 2002, 09:11
God Bless you, Rob. Must have spoken to you many times at Heathrow +

Hummingfrog
17th Dec 2002, 12:42
God bless you Bob. A true gentleman who I first met on NUAS in 1971 where we both sparred on those solo waves in the Chipmunk.
Rest in Peace
HF

beachman
18th Dec 2002, 20:30
Further to Sleeve Wing’s post regarding Rob’s funeral arrangements, Sue has asked that there be family flowers only.

However, the WWF was a charity to which Rob subscribed and so, instead of flowers, she has asked that donations be made to this organisation. Please send same to:

G Smith
Funeral Directors and Memorial Consultants
7 The Green
Wooburn Green
Bucks HP10 0EE

And, with due regard to Rob’s (dis?)regard for formality, black ties need not be worn.

Following the service, all are invited back to the Mascall local at Wheeler End. The pub is about 35 minutes from Amersham. Directions will be available.

Hope to see you there.

BM

beachman
31st Dec 2002, 11:58
Thanks to you all for a terrific turnout at Rob's funeral. It meant so much to Sue and the children.

RIP, Rob.

BM