PDA

View Full Version : North Sea Employment or EMS Coming Home!

993RS
11th Dec 2002, 13:17
I'm looking for some input and opionions on employment in the North Sea and EMS in the UK.

Here is the the situation, I'm British 40 years old and have been living in the USA for the last 10 years where I learn't to fly. I have an FAA ATPH CFI CFII 4500 hours TT, 1500 of which is S-76A, 1000 offshore Gulf of Mexico, 1500 EMS etc...

Due to a change in family circumstances, its time to come home. I've just started the arduous process of converting to a JAA ATPH and expect to be completed in about 6-9 months.

I'd like to know what my employment prospects our over the next couple of years, is there a demand in the UK for pilots of my experience and background?

I'm not overly keen on the idea of living in Aberdeen if I end up offshore. I believe Bristow's has a S-76's at Great Yarmouth? could someone please comment on this operation.

Also if someone could post a link to the new negotiated North Sea contractual payscales I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

JF

Brother
11th Dec 2002, 13:46
Bristow S76s now operate out of Norwich. There maybe some movement from Scotia to Bond Offshore Services with the announcement of the BP contract changing hands in 2004 but I would expect that many pilots from the "old" Bond will be trying to get employment with the "new" Bond.

With your TT and S76 experinece, you should have a good chance of getting employed but I think it may well be Aberdeen if you want to go offshore in the UK.

Brother

Cuddles
14th Dec 2002, 08:45
Scotia also operate 76's out of North Denes at Great Yarmouth, and Humberside.