PDA

View Full Version : Concorde

Leonidas
4th Oct 2001, 21:44
After 11th September - anyone taking bets on concorde returning to service?

big.al
4th Oct 2001, 22:04
Air France have just run 'test flights' with employees aboard, and BA are still insisting that despite the recent events, and announcements of job cuts, that they intend to resume supersonic travel this autumn.

I guess things may still change, but my money is on BA needing some good publicity, and nothing in the aviation world seems as 'romantic' (call it what you will) than Concorde. I reckon the old bird will be flying later this month, so that BA can prove it is still capable of coping with the current crisis, and to restore some element of public confidence.

Any bit of good news about aviation we can get is badly needed, don't you think? Lets get those people flying again, so that eventually (probably 2 years away), we will get back to normal, and us wanabees will stand a little more chance.

As the Weaskey Welshman would tell you, without some glimmer of light, there's no hope for us wanabees right now...

Won't stop me doing my PPL in April though - been planning it for too long - and whether it takes me to a flying career or not, it's one ambition I'm damned it I let murdering idiots ruin...

Big.al