PDA

View Full Version : RAAF & metal pins

NOSIGN
11th Dec 2002, 09:52
After two unsuccessful attempts at trying to get in the RAAF as pilot, and after two waivers with reference to two metal pins in my femur, the third time RAAF juried an instant FAIL.

Internal RAAF guidelines point out clearly that a pin in the leg is classed as an INSTANT FAIL. A bit contradictory to public info stating
"

• Medical Disabilities

The following conditions are known to cause problems with arduous physical training or operational service in isolated areas. Although they are not necessarily automatic grounds for the rejection of your application, they may make you unsuitable to commence training. If any of the following apply to you, the examining medical officer will need to be informed about your case in detail.

• any pins, plates or screws in legs or feet;

Any reports which you can bring from your own doctor will help the medical officer to make a fair and timely decision.
"
[http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/careers_explorer/AddInfo3.html]
------------------------------------------------------

I ponder if the medical officer had taken the courtesy to read my medical reports, would the officer have made a fair decision?

I am dissapointed to say the least.

Does anybody own a fast jet I could fly?:cool:

griffinblack
11th Dec 2002, 10:03
'operational service in isolated areas'. You can't be talking about the same RAAF that I know and love. I remember a RAAF crew (C130) who wouldn't stay in a hotel because of the noisy airconditioning! Meanwhile we were flying out of a dust bowl in the NT, day and night for weeks. But I digress.

Mate, I would have advised you to go army or navy, but with this new tri service recruiting thing - I think you are screwed (pun intended!!!)

NOSIGN
11th Dec 2002, 10:17
beurocrats & liability!

It applies to the entire ADF, i.e. "you are unfit for the ADF".

:eek: