PDA

View Full Version : Seeking 'Best Man' advice

medieval
10th Dec 2002, 18:19
A fellow 'driver', has asked me to be his Best Man at his wedding. He's based in London, so I haven't seen him in nearly 7 years.

My question to you wise lot is: If you have any, not too debauched, aviation one-liners or witticisms....I'd readily accept them. I'm under a time constraint, as this was dropped in my lap at the last minute, and of course just happens to occur over the silly season !

Sorry for congesting the site with this inane piffle.

P.s i'm open to none aviation quips as well....in fact ...do one of you lot want to be the Best Man ?!

QNIM
10th Dec 2002, 19:49
Medieval
Try and talk some sense to your friend and call the whole thing off. Cheers Q :D

Travelling Toolbox
11th Dec 2002, 03:17
QNIM

Bu99er orf mate!! Let him get married. Why should we be the only ones to suffer? :D :D

high talker
11th Dec 2002, 08:21
Qnim sounds like your talking from experiance! Let him find out the hard way. Im sure all the cabin attendents will keep him amused on the overniters.

QNIM
11th Dec 2002, 18:13
Hey Guys Im not suffering now got over that some years ago, just trying to save someone else the trouble. Cheers Q :D

Plazbot
13th Dec 2002, 12:44
Probably not what you are after but I am gunna post anyway.

ATC and Pilots have the exact same ultimate peril.. If a pilot has a bad day he dies and if an ATC has a bad day a pilot dies.

Unwell_Raptor
13th Dec 2002, 12:52
Don't forget to warn the happy couple to limit their family to three. The reason being that every fourth child born in the world is Chinese.

(NB Check racial group of bride and groom before doing this one.)

If there are bridesmaids, don't forget that you are replying on their behalf. So if you start off 'we bridesmaids...' you might get a laugh from Granny.