PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines Sim. Ride

Unemployed
10th Dec 2002, 10:51
Anyone who has done the sim. ride recently........... can you please give some details........thanks in advance.

CARA4
10th Dec 2002, 20:59
Likewise am interested in any knowledge regards sim and medical.

Unemployed
16th Dec 2002, 11:38
Come on guys....someone out there must have some info !! please :)

jumpingdoc
29th Dec 2002, 20:40
there is a guy lurking at the Middle East forum, EJACREW. As I read his post he flew for China, he may be able to provide info.
I would like to know about the application process.
Good luck!

sefabas
3rd Jan 2003, 00:05
I dont know what the 744 sim check is like,but for the 340 it's straight forward. First of all, They want you to pass and do well. They don't care to much about your own companys procedures as the PNF tries to help you as much as possible.They are not there to make you sweat and give you surprises. They are pretty fair. They are looking for the usual Aircraft handling and CRM stuff, Decision making and attitude and so fourth. They want you to program the FMGC's always and ask for all the appropiate checklists. They try to help you as much and the PNF tries to work with you..
As far as the sim you can the autopilot as much as you can. They will let you know when to fly manual.Can use flight director if you wish and Autothrust. Depart straight out MK5 Sid. Minor problem. Return for landing.Hold as Published then transition to a VOR/DME arc to RWY 5 Taipei, (Manual or Auto) then go around at 70' AGL. Engine fail on the missed approach carry out standard missed then Radar vectors to manual ILS to RWY 5 at minimims with eng out.Full Landing. Then Visual Circuit and land (NO Autopilot or F/D.)Thats it. Wind at all times 80 degrees of RWY at 10 kts.
No RTO for F/ O position. Captains yes with PAX Evac.
For Captains. 2 eng out same side on the manual ILS 05
Dont ask you any system questions. Debrief simple as they are happy that you passed.

Good Luck, as they are very happy and welcome you to CAL.