PDA

View Full Version : Vale Lok Male

chow babe
10th Dec 2002, 05:48
Lockie a 717 captain with impulse passed away sunday.

He was a great mate and an exceptional pilot. He will be missed by all the crew that flew with him.

Service at Anglican church nelson bay friday 13.12.02 at 11am

If you can't make it, please have a beer for lok and think of the good times that you shared a drink with him.

Servo
10th Dec 2002, 08:07
There for but the grace of god go I.

Rest In Peace.

On the wings of angels goes he. Although I didnt know him, my condolences to his family.

GoodToGo!
10th Dec 2002, 08:23
:(

Rest In Peace Mate.

Gnadenburg
10th Dec 2002, 09:21
RIP Lockie

Condolences to his wonderful family.

Big Dog 2
10th Dec 2002, 17:24
Cant belive the big man is gone .
I haven't seen him for some time but do remeber the good times at willie . Also for ex Impulse second this year with Scot Robinson.
Does't seem to make sense to me?

Big Dog 2
aca Big Dog

FluffyBunnyFeet
11th Dec 2002, 05:21
Lok was the true gentleman, with a unique perspective on the world, a nicer guy you'd struggle to meet. We could do well to learn from his example.

Loved your work big fellah - life's a bitch, eh? I'll have a Talisker or 3 for you mate...

Le Pilot
11th Dec 2002, 10:07
He never took life to serious, was one of the finest aviators I have ever flown with and truly a bright light in my life.
The light has gone but his memory will burn forever.
Miss you my friend.

Sandgroper
11th Dec 2002, 13:56
I was very sad to hear of Lockies passing. Somehow I always thought that I would get to see his smiling face again.

Lockie was a great friend and a terrific guy to fly with. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and also the crew at Impulse.

"Kaloo Kalay" Lockie - you know I never really worked that one out.

Tania

gaunty
11th Dec 2002, 15:42
Jabberwocky

by Lewis Carrol

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrave.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jujub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:

Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,

And stood awhile in thought

And as in uffish thought he stood,

The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,

And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! and through and through

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head

He went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?

Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrave.

"... It seems to fill my head with ideas -- only I don't know exactly what they are."
Alice in;
Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There.

Lockie must have been wonderful fun, to with be.

dogbros
11th Dec 2002, 16:25
Only knew Loki for a short while but what a top bloke, ditto to all that's been said on this thread already. He will be remembered by all as a great pilot and a mate.

RIP

JULIET WHISKEY
12th Dec 2002, 04:21
Condolenses also,

I suspect the good mans immaculate Alfa GTV2000 will miss him also..............

OZ Barb will not be the same.

Capt Vegemite
12th Dec 2002, 06:43
Sorry to hear about your mates.

What happened to Scot Robinson?
:confused:

faar_canal
12th Dec 2002, 09:01
So sorry to hear about Lok. I can only agree with all of the previous posts regarding the great man. He was a joy to work with, and a joy to be out with.

In answer to your question Capt Vegemite, Scott Robinson was tragically killed earlier this year in a motorcycle accident.

Another one taken from us so early in life.

:(

Planned Root
12th Dec 2002, 09:02
Capt Vegemite,

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51528&highlight=Robinson

Loco's Smoko
12th Dec 2002, 09:45
There will be a 717 flyby at around 12:30, on its way through to Syd.

On his first day as Captain, he instructed the crew that he must only be answered with "Aye Aye Captain", which they all did for the rest of the day :D :D

Condolences to the family.

Jimmy Neutron
14th Dec 2002, 05:48
Bye, bye, Lockie! You were one in a million and I will miss you mate! Cheers!

Boofy181
14th Dec 2002, 15:44
I heard of the loss of Lok form our lives last week and only saw this thread today and thought how fantastic it was. Lok has always been a friend of ours for 12 years or more and was always welcome through our door. Although I never flew with Lok we did spend 2 years together in the same company and will always remember Friday nights at the Old Lion in North Adelaide as I am sure a few others will.

It is a great tribute to Lok that people whose lives he touched are placing posts of this nature in his memory.

It is very pleasing that Lok did at least achieve a career goal of sitting in the LHS of a jet aircraft something that most pilots desire to achieve.

Lok, I couldn't even have a drink for you last night because of aviating duties but I certainly will have a tipple or two tonight.

You will forever be in our memories and your cryptic talk surely missed.

Our condolences to his parents, Mike & Chell and his nephews, we have been thinking of you during this unfortunate time.

All the best mate from all whose lives you have touched.

Brenton, Cherie Tomas & Tara.

rohanski
15th Dec 2002, 07:41
Boofy181 or anyone from aircharter, adelaide in early nineties could you please contact me if possible?

Condolences to the Male family.

Lok I thought of you on Anzac day this year and the last time we paid respects to the fallen. I'll have a quiet OP. Go the Wallabies.RIP mate.

Chris & Laura
16th Dec 2002, 02:15
I was saddened to hear about Lockie’s passing.

I can remember all too vividly being told about his condition, as I recall it was only a couple of weeks after Scott’s Death. I was still in shock, and the news of Lockies illness made me feel even more sick to the stomach and I prayed that he would pull through.

I would liked to have attended the funeral, and in a sense to represent Scott, however I only found out about Lockie’s death on Saturday. (Don’t really get to hear about any Impulse goings on anymore, I am a bit isolated from that part of my former life)

My sincere condolences to his family.

No one deserves to go through the hell of losing a loved one, (and even if you know it is a possibility I don’t think you can ever be prepared for it.)

To everyone else take care over the holidays, I don’t want to hear anymore bad news. For you fortunate people who still get ID travel take advantage of it and stay off the roads or at least out of the way of the idiots out there.

To Big Dog : Give me your new contact details, (I can’t call you back if you don’t leave your number, and I know you have moved), you can email me if you like on
[email protected]