PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the CAA FCL Dept out there?

CyclicRick
9th Dec 2002, 19:53
Hello, If so PLEEEEZE help.
I'm a holder of a German (LBA) ATPL(H) lots of hours etc.
I've been meaning to come back home to the UK for a while now but the only salt in the soup is the conversion to a CAA/JAA license. The German LBA have been twiddeling their thumbs now for about 4 years and are nowhere near coming to a solution let alone the introduction of the JAA-FCL
I've been given allsorts of conflicting information which is incredibly frustrating from no chance to start all over again(all ground subjects and 50 hours flying training) which is a definate non-starter (who's going to pay all my bills in the mean time?).
What in heavens name do I have to do? An application for validation is also a non-starter because it's restricted to the work your allowed to do and the validation period ( and it cost nearly 300 quid!).
The situation has become rather acute as I've just lost my job here last week and have got an estranged wife and two kids to support.
I'm going to put it in writing to the CAA but any useful info up front would be of enormous help

Ta!

misterbonkers
9th Dec 2002, 20:32
urm, send them a fax with the words;

URGENT (at the top)

and a

'p.s. your phone system is C*@! i've been trying to get through for ages'

they called me back within 15 minutes and during their 2 hours lunch break!!!

Looks like JAR is working well across europe then!

CyclicRick
11th Dec 2002, 13:56
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that!

JAR is a wonderful thing...what is it exactly? Never heard of it over here apart from the fact that we've been flying to OPS-3 for the past 4 years, no-one knows what the hells going on....especially the LBA!
As for JAA-FCL.......:mad:

Rotator
12th Dec 2002, 13:35
Sounds like a job for Sergeant Patterson, our very own JAR-FCL bulldozer. Given a pair of Jack Boots, should do well in Germany.

Of course, he would be sorely missed.

CyclicRick
12th Dec 2002, 20:00
Send 'im over, I'll tell him exactly where to go!

LBA= the largest unlit obstacle to aviation in Germany

Terrain Ahead!
13th Dec 2002, 07:27
Cyclicrick - we've got one of those in the UK too !