View Full Version : Qatar Airways ... it's gone very quiet

Goldstone
9th Dec 2002, 16:10
No controversial threads about QR recently ... nobody complaining about snackbar ... it's all gone very quiet.

Did someone say that QR staff had been threatened with forty lashes if they posted on PPRuNe? Maybe it's had an effect. Pity, because there was some very amusing and interesting stuff.

Come on, guys and gals, get the rumour mill going again!

Amelia
9th Dec 2002, 16:35
I haven't heard anything about any threats! ;)

What can I say? I have appreciated my day off in the desert. Another day begins tomorrow with flights to BAH and DXB.

//Amelia

taba
9th Dec 2002, 17:51
I heard that the troops out there are using AAB as target practice!

It's the same old story...get rid of that inhumane piece of c#*p and allow the managers to get on with the job they were employed to do.

Amelia, yep miss the drunken nights driving back from the inland sea.....

But oh how I would love to see AAB post on here...he is a coward and I would dearly love to meet him again and echo the sentiments of all...but I can't on here really!

blue cheese
10th Dec 2002, 02:28
AMelia,

I have read your PM... but I could not reply to it. Is there any way I could reach you?

Should have told me that you were in KL few days ago. We could meet up for lunch/dinner or something. :D

How many days were you here?

Hope to hear from you soon and will keep you updated on my interview!

:)

wish me luck!

Chevy-SS
10th Dec 2002, 10:49
it was Ramadan off course....everything is here quiet!

Nothing to report for now....the usual rumours!

AB leaving or not?
Payrise or not?
Profit or not
New aircraft....sure....ADD just arrived

sorry guys....

Gnadenburg
10th Dec 2002, 11:06
Taba

Are they all your Heineken empties out by the inland sea?

taba
10th Dec 2002, 13:50
More than likely!

Probably part of my belongings that NF has dumped down there!

Goldstone
13th Dec 2002, 07:39
Just read that Stephen Vella has resigned as CEO of ALM (Airline Leasing and Management).

Who are ALM?

Well, Stephen's company does all the negotiations for aircraft leases for QR ... and, as QR has no commercial planning dept, his company also has been doing all of those functions as well ... route planning and profitability studies for example. He is very close to AAB and I am wondering whether his resignation from ALM (which he started) means he is joining QR on a full time basis.

Anything is possible.

malaysian eaglet
19th Dec 2002, 21:53
Hi,
Can you tell me what is happening at QAC?
Still providing few cadets or closing?
Thanks

f16hotburner
20th Dec 2002, 05:29
Hey guys same all-**** nothing about here is worth my time to post anything about SnakeBar, so see you later and don't get deprted! :D :cool:

taba
20th Dec 2002, 12:28
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

T3953 and co have gone EXTREMELY quiet! Guess he HAS deported them all or whatever!

A300 man...MT Qatar etc....who reputedly do not work for QR!

Merry Xmas to the survivors!

Amelia
20th Dec 2002, 19:39
Wouldn't mind if they used AAB as target practice! He won't be leaving QR in the near future (Inside facts). Apparently he's quite happy with his position in the Qatari (bloody) region.

Finally I'll be leaving in January 2003. Wonder if I can use AAB as a reference in the future? ;)

taba: I wasn't drunk that night when I drove back from the inland sea! Just unhappy I had to go to work following morning. :)

Ready
21st Dec 2002, 06:39
Hi!
It could have been a topic of its own, but a QR pilot told me not so long ago, that on an average 6-7 pilots quit every month.
That seems a bit high to me.
Anybody to comment on that one?
Cheers!

Amelia
21st Dec 2002, 11:20
Because of the heavy rosters the cabin and flight crew have, many of us leave. There are many given promises when you attend your interview and everything sounds wonderful, but once in Qatar the majority of them are broken.

The sad bit is many of the QR crew are dependant of the salary and do everything not to lose their jobs. AAB (CEO of QR) knows this and takes advantage of it. Working in this environment is not comfortable. Take my word.

Goldstone
21st Dec 2002, 18:56
Amelia ... a reference from AAB? Questionable.

He told one of the managers who left a couple of months ago that he would not provide him with a reference if he was going to join GF ... any other company and he would! Nice guy ...

Amelia
21st Dec 2002, 19:20
I was being ironic! Are you sure AAB didn't mean EK?

Goldstone
26th Dec 2002, 10:26
Amelia ... I figured you were! No it was apparently GF that was the problem, not EK. Someone said that he was hoping GF would collapse ... something to do with having once been overlooked for the GF CEO job so I'm told ... held a grudge ever since. He must be really pi**ed off now that the owner states have endorsed the new three year GF recovery plan.

Amelia
26th Dec 2002, 14:45
I've heard he's quite upset about the GF too, but he shouldn't be too concerned about the GF since the majority of its' traffic are from Bahrain.

I haven't seen AAB for quite some time. Everytime I do I don't know what to do. :)

ia1166
26th Dec 2002, 17:43
Ypu could always just shoot him.

Amelia
26th Dec 2002, 17:46
No, I don't want to be convicted with any crimes. Especially not in the Qatari desert.

taba
26th Dec 2002, 18:57
does he still have that banana coloured ducatti?

next time you see him think of him with no clothes!

Amelia
26th Dec 2002, 22:33
I tried to imagine him without any clothes. It was an horrible experience since he was flying in First Class and I had to serve him!

Yep, I still think he has that banana coloured ducatti!

I better try and get some sleep. I have flights to AUH and KRT tomorrow.

taba
27th Dec 2002, 12:55
that's nice!

KRT is bad enough without the AUH!

YUK!

Amelia
27th Dec 2002, 17:16
Especially when having have to fly with newbies only! Ilew with one guy from German today whose English was very poor... he barely understood me! What ever happend to those picky interviews I once attended?

KRT is horrible! I prefer AUH!

taba
27th Dec 2002, 18:12
Long gone!

Is that creepy engineer still down there? He chases all the girls and likes to think he is British!?

AUH...peaceful flight...

Amelia
27th Dec 2002, 20:37
Is he the one who chases you on the tarmac screaming words in poor English to you when boarding the aircraft?

There are many of them here nowadays.

AUH is very calm compared to BAH when there are only three cabin crew on board.

Chevy-SS
29th Dec 2002, 13:20
I have neve seen the pairing KRT-AUH......are you sure you are working for Qatar Airways?

Word has gotten out that tech crew will be reported whenever they ask for nuts and dades themselves????Any confirmation about that?

What is it any way about all this reportins **** anyway? Seems to me tat the FAs think that more reprts mean a quicker upgrade

Thats what I would call climbing the greasy pole.....

Amelia
29th Dec 2002, 16:13
Actually it was AUH followed by KRT. And I think I am working for QR.

taba
29th Dec 2002, 23:38
Yep, did that or DXB KRT on occasion and even KRT DXB...now that's not nice!!

Amelia, I am fairly sure you work for QR, so who do these other people like BYB and T3953 really work for?

That sounds like the same engineer...even my wife remembers him!!

Amelia
30th Dec 2002, 14:51
Did your wife work with QR?

I don't know. According to T3953 our rosters and lives in Qatar are outstandingly good! On Christmas Eve I had three doubles. Now that wasn't nice either!

taba
30th Dec 2002, 17:52
Yes, we both started in 1996 and she left in 2000...I left last year!

In the old days we used to do DOH DAC BKK MNL on the B747....yep it's true: report at 2300 local on Monday evening ARR MNL about 2000 local, 26 hours then all the way back again!! And THAT was LEGAL???!!!

DOH CAI LGW 18 hrs rest LGW CAI DOH...ask KJ or JB!!!

SBY MIDNIGHT-1200 and other strange things!

But more recently I have done DXB LHR!!!!

Where r u moving to Amelia?

Keep smiling!

Amelia
30th Dec 2002, 22:12
26 hours of duty?! I don't like those CKG and MNL flights even that you sometimes get layovers in BKK and KUL.

When did you leave QR? Perhaps I flew with you once or twice! I came here in August 2001, but had my interview in May 2001. I attended a language course on Ireland and had to end the course first and then turn 20 (Which I did in June 2001) before I could go to QR.

September 11th was a good beginning of my career. I was very calm on my first flights. :)

I might move to Honolulu on the Hawaiian Islands and attend Hawaii Pacific University. I haven't made up my mind yet.

A300Man
2nd Jan 2003, 09:35
Taba

I am still here actually. Haven't been deported. Just been busy and not had much time at the keyboard.

Hope you are well and wish you a good 2003. How is HB and the little one? Hope all is well and hope to hear that you are flying soon.

A300Man

Amelia

You are speaking from your backside. There is no way that you did 3 double sectors on Christmas Eve. Stop fillijg tbhis forum with nonsense. You are giving people a very wrong impression of QR. I know that there are lots of bad things that happen at QR, but you are taking the mickey.

Amelia
2nd Jan 2003, 10:59
A300Man:

Want to see my roster? I did DXB sector in the morning, and BAH followed by DXB in the evening. Apparently you don't work with QR and doesn't know what is happening here. Or perhaps you do, but are not up to date.

taba
2nd Jan 2003, 13:31
If Bernard is still doing the rosters maybe!

A300 Man...

Good to have you back on line...

The rosters cannot compare to the old days (see above) where everything was a pairing or multi sector!

Family are fine but it's bloody cold out here!

Xtra Crew
3rd Jan 2003, 11:15
Hi Amelia, Taba and all you QR Cabin Crew,
From your posts we have seen that you guys work a lot of hours, many times even more than what your body can. My question is: I assume you get paid by flying hours. Is it at least worth at the end of the month when you get your cheque having flown so much? To shed more light on this subject, could you please tell us how many hours you normally fly per month?
Thanks for the info, David

A300Man
3rd Jan 2003, 16:20
Amelia

If you did morning DXB,which is QR100 with departure time of 0730 local time, then your briefing report time would be 0600hrs. Follow that with a BAH sector (which is a departure at 16:15 hrs returning to Doha at 18:30 hrs and then Doha to Dubai at 20:45hrs, returning to Doha at midnight. This gives an overall duty time of 18 hours!!!!!!!!!

Even this is illegal an nonsense by even QR standards.

Bernard - hope you are reading this. Let me know online through PM if you have assigned anyone with a triple sector as this girl states above. Finding it very hard to believe.

Amelia - are you F1,F2 or CS? I presume not CSD?

Anyway,I apologise in advance if I am wrong here.But I know that I am not!

What did you have on your roster the day before and the day after the "triple sector" day?

taba
3rd Jan 2003, 16:55
Bunty, I hope you are reading this! Surely this is rubbish!

Or was it a one off split duty type of thing?

Listen I know the pressure in there...remember the DAC evac? What a day in there and we were even graced with the presence of his lordship as well!!!

Still, I refuse to believe this duty could be rostered!

My previous comment was tongue in cheek Bunty!

Unless Superman got caught up in his underpants and somehow got away with it!!!HA HA

Amelia
3rd Jan 2003, 19:35
Correction. QR100 for DXB departs 0745 local time, not 0730.

No, CS. Was promoted in the summer 2002.

I had the day before and after off. I have no intention of lying on this discussion board and would never say anything that could hurt QR in any way.

Chevy-SS
7th Jan 2003, 11:27
I have always wondered, what is it exactly that make people accpt all these rules and rediculous dity times?

AAB is only trying to push us to see how far he can go....and untill now he is succeding brilliantly because nobody has the balls to speak up!

Why does nobody uses the confidential reporting system? That is our way to express our feelings and believe me, once it is written down AAB will do something;

He has only respect for the written word so......write it down.

Do not report your colleagues, that is stupid!