PDA

View Full Version : Perth question - 727

AnsettStar
9th Dec 2002, 13:38
About 6.50pm tonight a 727 flew over my place roughly N-E at a (higher than usual) altitude, was loud enough for my mother to complain about the walls cracking - I was just wondering which a/ls or companies fly727's out of Perth as I have not seen them very often - only been woken up by them once or twice before :D

anyone got ideas? If I recall correctly, the tail logo/color was blue/green, as for shape/picture, couldn't tell you as it was pretty much overhead.

Thanks!

gaunty
9th Dec 2002, 14:06
Aussie Express I think.

Through sleet, hail, snow, blah blah blah and all manner of sturm und drang the mail must get through. :D

Just shows the noise reg thingys actually work.

When an old tech whizbang goes over the top you sure as hell notice eh.

TIMMEEEE
9th Dec 2002, 20:50
AnsettStar - I'm surprised you Mum doesnt have the CASA Noise Complaint number in her speed dial!

Just remember.......only a real jet can make that sort of noise!!!

Crash & Burn
9th Dec 2002, 22:51
Ah, the good old 'Whispering T Jet!' Nothing like the crackling sound out the back of a 727 on a nice still night!

Australian Air Express currently have three 727's based in Perth.

VH-VLG (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/287029/L/) which is a repainted and re-registered ex Ansett / IAF VH-RMX

VH-AUP (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/233972/L/) and VH-VLH

AnsettStar
10th Dec 2002, 05:36
Definitely answered my question!

As for the noise issue, I'm interested to know whether the flight paths into/out of Perth have been changed recently - seem to be getting many more a/c directly overhead as opposed to N or S on the usual track. They seem to be a lot louder and having steeper climb paths. Also have had quite a few of the widebodied jets coming in lined up with the smaller runway (whether they were landing on it I don't know, perhaps they were turning later, but seems unlikely due to the proximity of the field.) Usually fly South parallel to the coast from my observations.

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions, the plane in the pic looks like the one.