PDA

View Full Version : Disrcrimination

kjay
9th Dec 2002, 07:01
A friend just emailed me this great story, I thought it was fantastic , so I had to share it with you all.

As we know, we see discrimination in some form or another almost everyday and often times it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

On a BA flight from Johannesburg, a middle -aged, well-off white south African Lady has found herself sitting next to a black man.
She called the cabincrew attendant over to complain about her seating. What seems to be the problem madam? Cant you see ? She said.Youve sat me next to a kaffir. I cant possibly sit next to this disgusting human. Find me another seat" Please calm down madam " the FA replied. The flight is very full today, but i'll tell you what i'll do. I'll go and check to see if wa have any seats available in club or first class" The woman cocks a snooty look at the outraged black man beside her (not to mention the surronding passengers). A few minutes later the FA returns with the good news, which she delivered to the lady,who cannot help but look at the people around her with a smug self satisfied grin. "Madam unfortunately,as i suspected , economy is full. Ive spoken to the cabin supervisor and club is also full. However, we do have 1 seat in first class. "Before the lady has a chance to answer the FA continues, "It is most extraordinary to make this kind of up grade, however, and i had to get special permission from the captain. But given the circumstances, the captain felt that it was outrages that someone be forced to sit next to such an obnoxious person." With which, she turned to the black man sitting next to the woman, and said.
"So if youd like to get your things, sir, I have your seat ready for you... "at which point, apparently the surronding passengers stood and gave a standing ovation while the black man walks up to the front of the plane.

People will forget what you said..
People will forget what you did...
But people will never forget how you made them feel.
:D :D

Africansky
9th Dec 2002, 09:25
Excellent!! I would've loved to have been that F/A, she must've felt so good doing that :)

Floaty
9th Dec 2002, 23:00
That lady could have been my grandmother... except for the fact that now she is 90 and only flies in first...:rolleyes: Some people never change!

I have another story, not related to the airline but still...

Last night grandma had to take the dog to a friends place since she is leaving tomorrow for two weeks and she called a cab to pick us up... the guy arrived and rang the wrong bell... when we came down, he complained we didn't rush downstairs fast enough (eeeh... try to rush with a 90 year old lady wearing high heels, hanging to your arm!) and then he saw the dog ....................... what a story! He started moving arms in every direction, saying "no no madam, no way, no dog in my car, I am allergic!" Oh, the cab driver was black.

The second cab we found, the guy was from ex-yugoslavia and couldn't understand the address... he said he couldn't therefore help us... ehhhhh.... whatever!

Finally, we found a Swiss cab driver and he made no problem... Later on the way back, the driver told me that black people living in Zurich are often muslim and because of the religion supposedly stating that dogs are dirty (still to verify!!), the guy probabily invented an allergy to the dog (I forgot to mention we are talking about a 30 centimeter long ball of fluff on short legs).

A black taxi driver racist with dogs, this is a premiere!!!!........ :D

Sick Squid
10th Dec 2002, 00:54
Nice tale, the first one... but unfortunately it is an urban myth......Heard exactly the same one many years ago... 'cept the characters and airline involved were slightly different.

Check out The Urban Myth Website (www.snopes.com) for more... I'll post the exact link to the story above in that site when I have the time... unless someone beats me to it....

PFLsAgain
10th Dec 2002, 16:42
Yup. Urban Myth. (http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/obnox.htm)

Good story though.