PDA

View Full Version : Hyde Airfield

hydehelper
9th Dec 2002, 00:27
Hey All. This is my first post here. I fly out of a local airport called Hyde, or Washington Executive. It's a field with lots of potential, but it has been in the hot seat since Sept 11. It is one of three that seems to be in the cross hairs to be doomed because of its proximity to Washington DC. To fly in or out of the airport, you need to be a vetted pilot. You need to get fingerprinting done by the secret service, and an faa background check. It is killing our airports. No transient traffic is going to kill the fields potential. Anyways, I'm looking for feedback on the website I put together. There will be a ton more content, but I figured it's best to put something together, and we'll go from there.

Shawn
http://www.hydeair.com
[email protected]

BOAC
10th Dec 2002, 19:02
HH - this is more of a 'regional' issue, I feel so I've 'dropped' this into the N American forum. You may wish to have a go at the GA and biz jet forum and the private flying forum too?

A word of caution on the web link here, as I know Danny is not keen on links to any commercial site from posts.

If I may observe, I found the 'ANN' ticker a touch 'persistent'! It stayed with me on all pprune forums until I closed and reopened the browser. Nifty!

weasil
10th Dec 2002, 19:25
Nice site. not too commercial I don't think so it's fine.

Glad to see someone taking a stand against having our freedoms restricted.