PDA

View Full Version : Font needed...

BRL
8th Dec 2002, 17:05
Hi all. I am after a font called curlz
If anyone has it could they copy it and e-mail it to me please. :)

amanoffewwords
8th Dec 2002, 18:31
Google came up with http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/search/full_listing.htm?kw=curlz

BRL
8th Dec 2002, 18:40
Hi there. I tried all that. Unfortunately, my p.c. is playing up again and won't let me see the new page when i click a link. On the link you posted, the new page comes up but its blank and thats it. I right click and copy the shortcut into the address bar and the new page comes up then so i click on Download and a new window comes up that i can do nothing with. Its just blank so i need someone to e-mail it to me.!!!!!
Many thanks.. :)

OX-27
8th Dec 2002, 21:18
BRL

E-Mail with file attachment sent:)

amanoffewwords
8th Dec 2002, 21:58
BRL, the blank page syndrome is cause by your firewall - something to do with javascript or active server pages - not sure which but I find that the odd site can't load while the FW is active. Never had time to look into it.

Hopefully someone will come along and tell us the real reason.

Cheers

BRL
9th Dec 2002, 12:46
Ahaaaaa.... Do you think its something to do with XP? I have just reloaded a copy onto my pc. If so, how do i turn the firewall off? I also have Tiny personal firewall which i have had for ages and i had a similar problem recently that caused me to reformat my c drive and put XP back on. :confused:

amanoffewwords
9th Dec 2002, 13:37
Don't think it's XP related - I use Win 2K and Norton Internet Security 2002 - to disable it temporarily there is an icon in the bottom right part of the desktop - right click and select disable does it.

I guess to avoid doing that I would need to add the http://etc address to the allow/disallow table somewhere in NIS, but as I said I never go round to learning to do that.

In XP you have a built-in firewall which you can disable by rightclicking in the dial-up or network icon (as relevant) in the network section of control panel, choosing the last tab and unchecking the firewall box. I suspect there must be a way of configuring the XP firewall to a certain extent though.

Cheers

BRL
9th Dec 2002, 18:56
Many thanks OX-27. Great stuff :)

amanoffewwords. I just downloaded an XP update thingy and its all back to normal now. :)