PDA

View Full Version : Downloading AC00-6A.pfd

Burger Thing
8th Dec 2002, 13:21
Hello,

I am trying to download from a FAA website the Advisory Circular 00-6a. Aviation Weather for pilots. It is 15.2 Meg big but for some reason I can't get it loaded completely. I tried it several times already but usually after downloading 5 or 6 Megs the computer reports that the files is downloaded. But of course it's not and the document is not complete.

Does anybody knows a ftp server or other internet site where I can get the file?

The original site is in http://www2.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/6044a5c61fa9349585256a35006d56b2/c2df8d9d7471617786256a020078083a?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,00-45

spannersatcx
8th Dec 2002, 13:43
Have you right mouse clicked on the file and selected save as or are you just clicking on the file and waiting for it to download into acrobat?

Try using a download tool like getright to save it for you.

The Nr Fairy
8th Dec 2002, 19:00
Burger :

One other possibility is that there isn't 15.2Mb of disk space free. You may have somewhere, but not in the temporary download directory which IE uses. It ALWAYS puts files here before moving them to the directory/folder you specify when downloading the file.

First, check Tools -> Internet Options -> General tab's Temporary Internet files setting. Check the disk directory it refers to, and ensure that disk has enough space.

If it does, then I dunno what the problem is.

If it doesn't then either clear disk space to make room or change the Temporary Files folder to a disk which has space.

I found this out the hard way - getting 13Mb of 600Mb downloaded even though IE persisted in downloading the entire 600Mb and throwing away 587Mb of it !

Burger Thing
10th Dec 2002, 02:12
Thanks, guys. I used the right mouse button to save it and also tried getright already. I think my harddisk should have enough space but I will clear all temporary files and try it again.

Thank you!