PDA

View Full Version : How do I save a post??

tony draper
8th Dec 2002, 12:16
I know it seems a daft question, If I am reading a particular forum and I wish to save a individual post on that thread how do I go about it??
I have tried using the save to my documents, but all I seem to finish,up with is a folder with the whole pprune page layout and not the text part I wanted to keep.
If I am online I dont seem to be able to seem to copy and paste to a folder on my desktop.???
I know I have copied posts in the past, but it doesnt seem to work now, or I have forgoten exactly how I did it .:confused:

BOAC
8th Dec 2002, 12:31
TD - it really depends on how you want to save it!

'File/save as' and 'save web page' gives you the whole thing, including graphics, which is why you have that folder with all the bits in.

Highlight/copy/paste into Notepad wil save the words only - unformatted.

Background Noise
8th Dec 2002, 14:18
Try going up one, ie in the case of this post go back up to the 'Computer / Internet Issues' forum, then right click on the thread you want and select 'save as' - does that give you what you want?

takenthe5thamendment
8th Dec 2002, 14:29
Tony,

Highlight the info you want, then edit, copy and open a blank word template - edit and paste!

Just as BOAC has suggested :)

tony draper
8th Dec 2002, 15:40
Thank you peeps that works just fine. :)

JustAnotherSkipper
8th Dec 2002, 16:02
actually theres a feature specifically for this built into the forums, if you goto the very bottom of the page of the thread there is an option titled DOWNLOAD which saves the whole thread as a text file, excellent :)

Splat
9th Dec 2002, 12:23
I have a pps (powerpoint) show that's quite humerous and was thinkong of sticking it into Jetblast - any ideas how I go about making the file available?

Cheers

S