View Full Version : EK's New Routes

jalbert
7th Dec 2002, 22:53
Any rumours in Dubai as to the new routes which may start in the next 2-3 years.LAX/NYC I've heard pending the 340-500's.Seems the may be major fleet development (read:expansion-unsurprisingly ) announced soon.
The big hole in the route map is N and S America and maybe the former USSR.
Any comments?
Thanks.

Count von Altibar
7th Dec 2002, 23:04
I believe EK have deferred 6 deliveries for 2003. Any confirmation of this?

mutt
8th Dec 2002, 02:43
I dont think that this is a good time to start any new services from the Middle East to the USA. Traffic on this route has almost ceased to exist.

Mutt.

break dancer
8th Dec 2002, 03:17
All I've heard is the additonal direct flights to Melbourne and Sydney with the 340's and somewhere in NZ via the Far East.

stormcloud
8th Dec 2002, 16:48
Moscow is slated to start on July 21 2003, along with Lagos on March 31 and Shanghai on August 2.
The 340-500 has been delayed by the -600 and the first one is not due until approx Oct. Have'nt heard of any official Airbus deferements.
I did hear a rumour of a couple of 777s being delayed but so far nothing official.
There were 16 aircraft coming originally so 10+ is still reasonable.:cool:

akixx
9th Dec 2002, 04:15
emirates plans to go to nyc should be very profitable for them, considering transit pax from the sub continent that prefer ek, also in california in general there is a huge interest in a direct flight to the middle east, it should turnout to be very lucrative for emirates.

kumul1
9th Dec 2002, 07:20
I hear all the boys have to do a check/refresher on Russian etiquette prior to the Moscow push, and the 'Cyclone' is run the course.:p

boiler
9th Dec 2002, 09:55
emirates plans to go to nyc should be very profitable for them, considering transit pax from the sub continent that prefer ek

The problem here is that those passengers have a very low yield. Making this profitable will be difficult.

Misty Air
9th Dec 2002, 21:03
Kum
I only drink doubles!!:cool: