PDA

View Full Version : more waffling on Canadian MHP

widgeon
6th Dec 2002, 13:59
http://canada.com/national/story.asp?id=%7B54B882C3-058E-44C3-9910-64BA5CC53B48%7D

We will be lucky to have them in service by 2010 . The new approach makes sense but I cannot see how this will speed the process.

KENNYR
6th Dec 2002, 14:24
Widgeon, I think that you are being overly optimistic when you say we will be lucky to get the Helis by 2010. Its taken 9 years to get to where we are now! Having one contractor makes sense to me both in price and delivery time. Are they going to make the right choice (I would have chosen the Blackhawk variant). What will happen when the Liberals are no longer in power?

Any way Widgeon, how is the move going?

Dick Mitten
6th Dec 2002, 22:56
Mired in politics... Disgusting!

I have nothing but respect for our crews who drive and maintain the aging Sea Kings. Good ship in it's time, but we need something a bit more modern, eh?

Lu Zuckerman
7th Dec 2002, 00:24
"They've been stalling on this for nine years. They don't want the political fallout of buying the same helicopter they cancelled," Mr. Benoit said. "They're trying to find a way to avoid that."

Maybe that is the reason that Jean Chretien is leaving office. This way he absolves himself of any culpability and his party will have to make whatever excuses are necessary.

:D