PDA

View Full Version : Freelance Pilot Company

Baque Flip
6th Dec 2002, 09:37
I have just been approached by a company and asked if I wanted to join their freelance pilot pool.

Apparantly they specialize in providing helicopter operators and private owners experienced freelance pilots at short notice.

Has anyone else been approached or heard about this company? Sounds good to me though.

:eek:

chopper wallah
6th Dec 2002, 15:49
:)
Me too, having spoken to them it is run by a couple of guys who used to work here at the big grass airfield in Hampshire. They have now gone over to the dark side and set up this company in their spare time. They told me they already have a number of acft owners as clients and are expanding, thus the requirement for more freelance pilots. I mentioned these guys on another thread asking about contract pilots. It all sounds well set up and has got to be worth a try if it means they will find ad hoc work for you.

Heliport
6th Dec 2002, 17:16
Free advertising is against PPRuNe rules, and the rule is applied strictly on all forums.
The Mods on this forum are prepared to turn a blind eye (subject to being over-ruled by Danny) to someone simply telling others in our community that there's a job available or a vacancy coming up.
It's always difficult to distinguish a genuine recommendation (permitted) from a 'plug' (not permitted). However, we're always suspicious when someone who's rarely posted asks an apparently 'innocent' question naming a company, and someone else who's rarely posted answers saying that the company seems OK, good, worth contacting etc etc.
The name of the recruiting company has been deleted from the first post on this thread.

Employers or recruitment agencies wishing to advertise vacancies or their services on PPRuNe must pay. Advertisements on PPRuNe are very cheap, a fraction of the cost of a magazine ad, and have a much wider circulation.

If the first two posts are genuine, those who posted will probably think it's harsh to delete the name of the company. Unfortunately, we know from experience that free 'plugs' quickly get out of hand. For that reason, when in doubt, we delete.

Heliport

EESDL
7th Dec 2002, 12:24
Is the company's business just restricted to the South of UK or do they have links up North!
Feel free to contact me direct if you have any info.

7th Dec 2002, 15:32
Baque Flip, you should be OK with all your time off, if you haven't got too porky doing 'gearup, flaps up, coffee up, pies up' on Fat Albert!!!!
Send me the gen on this firm will you as I get even more time off than you do!

Capn Notarious
7th Dec 2002, 16:01
NOW CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG

BUT I THOUGHT THAT FAT ALBERT
WAS ONE OF THOSE CARVAIR PROPELLER DRIVEN PLANK FLYING MACHINES. THAT FLEW OUT OFSouthend by the sea WHEN I WAS A LAD.
I DO RECALL SEEING, ONE OF MR BAMFORDS YELLOW DIGGERS; BEATING A CARVAIR TO SCRAP.
SO KNOW IT ALL'S: WHAT'S THE TRUTH

chopper wallah
8th Dec 2002, 13:04
Dear Heliport, whilst I accept your point, you are somewhat off the mark. If you check my profile you will see that I have been a registered member since August 99. True I have not posted threads before, however I have read these pages on a weekly basis since then. So it is a little unlikely that I have been placed as a stalking horse to advertise this company. It turns out that I know the original poster of this thread from an earlier posting and I intend to exchange info with him by phone so thanks anyway.

:p

Heliport
8th Dec 2002, 16:30
Thanks chopper wallah
As I said in my previous post, it's always difficult to distinguish a genuine recommendation (permitted) from a 'plug' (not permitted).

E-mail is the best way in the circs.