View Full Version : Ho!, Ho!, Ho!, Click, Click, Click!!

Stumble
5th Dec 2002, 21:54
Evening all

I have a proposal for all you current Military 'Jocks' out there.

Myself and about six other seriously gifted Military Aviation Photographers, are going to be perched on the eastern face of the M6/ Tebay pass hillside on Thursday 12th. of Dec.

Now normally we would do this every so often, just for the love of the 'sport', freezing off our danglies, while waiting fora flash of something low, fast, and military, to point our 'Gucci' lenses at.( Notice that I did not state 'Jets', anything that flies floats the boat!)

This time we want to offer you the chance of 'doing your bit', if you are in the vicinity of course.

We are going to be wearing Hi-vis. jackets and Santa hats!!, and for every aircraft that comes through the pass, we are each going to donate £1 to the Wishing well appeal, simple as that, weather permitting of course!

So everyone should benefit, some seriously Ill Kids will get some much needed money, we should get some seriously good shots, (up to you), and you get a warm fuzzy feeling for a job well done.

By the way, if anyone would like to see the resultant shots, or get copies( for a modest donation!), this can be sorted by going to my E-myther address, thats if I have set this blasted site up properly!.

Finally, sorry for interrupting your serious site with a 'civvy' Christmas request, but its all in a good cause, as all the best people say!!
Merry Christmas from the 'Grim Sleepers
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Stumble
8th Dec 2002, 18:02
Looks like I did cack up the registration process, E-mail address for the previous posting of Ho!, Ho!,Ho!, Click, Click, Click, is:[email protected] ,oh, by the way, there's ten of us 'Santas' going up there now, so for every 'participant', £10 goes to the Wishing Well appeal!

Obviously operational constraints withstanding, do your best!!

All the best, The'Grim Sleepers'
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

RICKO
9th Dec 2002, 10:23
Ah stumble fantastic idea but how do we E Mail you,unless the first letter of your address is D?
nice one Dave.:) :)

DamienB
9th Dec 2002, 10:35
Can I donate two quid for each successful strafing run that picks off a high-vis jacket? :D

Stumble
9th Dec 2002, 17:02
Damion B., Your Father was a hedgehog, and your Mother smells of elderberries!!
Stumble.

PPRuNe Pop
9th Dec 2002, 20:44
I think this is the time for a little friendly warning here.

This is the Military Aircrew Forum. It is not a forum for promoting fast jets to fill your lenses. PPRuNe is not going to be a party to this and I doubt that the FJJ's want it either. If they want to tell me different I will listen.

But..........suddenly with two posts which have NOTHING to do with Military Aircrew, but everything to do with photographic hobbies - I think it is time to draw a line. NOT that you forsake your hobby. But that you do not use PPRuNe to promote it. Indeed, it should not happen again.

Stumble
10th Dec 2002, 10:47
I am walking backwards, tugging my forelock, head bowed as I (virtually) speak.
:p

Fg Off Max Stout
10th Dec 2002, 11:33
I think you may be being a touche harsh in this case. If someone takes snaps of me wazzing at low level, particularly pics of the quality that were posted on the related thread, I would be absolutely delighted to get copies. (Something for the logbook). This would seem to be the most obvious way for the snappers and jockeys to get together. I would suggest that military aviation photographers who offer free copies of their pictures to the pilots concerned, can have a place on the guestlist to the Military Aircrew forum. Any opinions?

One of the the features (I won't say either strength or weakness) of the mil forum is that it is not exclusively current military aircrew. There is a wealth of experience to be contributed from members of the military fraternity and aviation industry, not just the intersection of those two groups. What does hack me off is when people punch above their weight. I would not contribute to a thread unless I thought I had some knowledge and yet we often have people with no more experience of military aviation than a visit to an airshow venturing their 'professional' opinion on technical and operational matters. (I refer to junior blunties, space cadets, 1st yr UAS studes, hardcore spotters, Iraqi intelligence(Admin Guru?), and those who failed to enlist as fisheads - no offence WEBF, just don't tell me about OQs and operational tactics). Everyone's welcome - just know your place. Rodney but, I think, Lionel.

Jimlad
10th Dec 2002, 16:37
to be fair, i think the vast majority of contributors here are not aircrew. But that makes this forum what it is. I for one am not aircrew, nor would I want to be aircrew (sorry no offence here)
However I do work in a forces job where I interact with the light blue on a daily basis, and I find that a lot of the posts do often have relevance to what I do. They certainly allow me to understand what my light blue colleagues are talking about as well :)
Perhaps the term "military aircrew forum" is a little misleading and it should be renamed - military aviation forum - or words to that effect?

mutleyfour
10th Dec 2002, 19:21
Do we still get a tenner for go arounds?

maybe your just going to sit on the hill with a few left over kenyan SAM's...............;) ;) ;)