PDA

View Full Version : Dec 2001 systems paper, did you fail too?

sam white
9th Jan 2002, 23:01
HELP. I am trying to get some real feedback, I am in a class that sat the Dec 2001 exams, ALL of us failed the Systems paper. Is this reflected country wide??

EggBeta
10th Jan 2002, 00:15
Nope, passed mine first time in December, tho' must admit was a little tricky, which school did you use?
I found the instruments paper more difficult, just scrapped a pass...how did your course get on with the instruments paper?

sam white
10th Jan 2002, 16:30
I better not say my school as we all failed! not a good reflection. I sat HPL, SYS, M&B, P of F, Perf, Law, comms ifr, Comms vfr. I failed 2 sys and M&B (due to lack of study). Havn't done inst. yet sorry.

Rowley
10th Jan 2002, 17:49
I dont suppose you're at LGU by any chance!

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/1signnopass.gif

mjkukin2
10th Jan 2002, 18:58
can someone just tell me, cos i dont know much about them but are the ATPL exams multiple choice questions.

Rowley
10th Jan 2002, 19:45
yep

Nearly Man
10th Jan 2002, 22:15
well, although not sat my Techs yet...the M&B exams has I think got a lot harder. I have been told by my lot at ATA who just sat their Techs that they've really increased the number of equations......what nice fellows those examiners are

MorningGlory
10th Jan 2002, 23:43
Passed mine first time in december. I was at SFT and then did a brush up with Oxford before the exams which was excellent.

At SFT we had (in my opinion) two of the best instructors in the country. Steve Williams (current BA pilot) for Instruments, and Chris Riley for Air Law, Flight Planning, and Operational Proceedures. Sadly as you all know SFT is no longer with us.

I would say, get your ass off to Oxford or Bristol, they are by far the best in the Country, but remember, in the end it comes down to you!

Good luck.

[ 10 January 2002: Message edited by: MorningGlory ]</p>

sam white
12th Jan 2002, 18:30
Thnx. Oh well it seems were the only school that failed! Thnx for the advice morninglory, but i looked in to all the schools and very carefully chose this one. Systems or no systems, I am still glad i did.

scubawasp
12th Jan 2002, 19:44
I chose carefully to, glad I did

Hi to Animal
hot rod
babs
tigger
barry 2(i think)
gonzo
and all the other misfits who i have'nt mentioned.
Apparently, OATS passed the systems exams too