PDA

View Full Version : trans maldivian airways

lostcomm
4th Dec 2002, 21:47
Can somebody please tell me what kind off flight time gets you started with TMA. I have time on floats and twotter time, just don`t know if enough.Oh yeah, whats the pay there and the cost of living?

Thanks a lot,

lostcomm

lostcomm
7th Dec 2002, 03:13
wrong forum I guess for this kind of info.Thanks for helping out guys. Big help, realy.Now go back to your SQ debates.

Four Tynes
7th Dec 2002, 15:48
Not in the know re the specifics, but I got chatting to our Canadian Captain on the twotter with them when I was on holiday there in May.

What a fantastic place to fly, but I got the impression flight crew wages are quite low, and that accommodation provided can be somewhat basic & in shared rooms if single.

I quizzed him about a job there, but he said I`d need over 1000 hours float time before I`d stand a chance as a Captain, which is actually 1000 hours more than I have, but hell it was our last day & I wanted to stay!!

Not much help I know, but a great place to live & work until the novelty wears off.

lostcomm
7th Dec 2002, 16:58
Thanks FT, I`ll try on canadian forum. Hope to get some more info.For the flight time I`ll just call the company, that is no problem. But I wanted to hear form somebody who works for them, to get a little inside story. And if you have a chance FT,get some float time, It`s realy nice flying.

lostcomm