View Full Version : Somebody please pay EZY's internet bill.....

G-SPOTs Lost
4th Dec 2002, 17:07
have been trying to E mail [email protected] for three days now.

I know the troubles people have been having have been covered on the EZy Type rating thread but this is a seperate request for a different E mail address that will get through.

I do have another address but its at work and I am on leave and would really appreciate some help.

You would think that to go to all the trouble of launching the scheme, they would find it strange nobody applied......

Ta

Splat
4th Dec 2002, 18:22
This whole Email business is just bizare. Why would an internet literate company send out a mail inviting an application, only for their mail address not to work? Surely they must know it does not work by now. The deadline is this Friday.

If anyone from the big O is reading this, please send me a PM with an alternate address if you don't wish to publish it.

Cheers

S

TheDrop
5th Dec 2002, 08:19
1) 500-1500 hours, fATPL

2) >1500 hours, ATPL, medium/heavy jet or heavy torboprop

Does that mean that if you have got more than 1500 hours but not the time on commercial jets, you fit into neither group?

Great ! (NOT)

Also, the email doesn't work for me ...

From their website:

our current requirements
Over the next few years the airline will continue its growth, with plans to increase the fleet from 60+ aircraft (following the integration with Go in Aug 2002) to 100+ by 2004. In September 2003 we will see the first of the 120 A319 deliveries. The airbus fleet will be introduced in GVA first and then phased into the UK during 2004. During 2002 we recruited 160 pilots and in order to continue to meet these expansion plans we will be recruiting in the region of 150 pilots during 2003. We recruit Type Rated and Non-Type Rated pilots and run monthly courses for both sets.

Our basic requirements are as follows:

Air Transport Pilots Licence (or frozen ATPL) (UK or JAA)
Class 1 Medical
The ability to work and reside in the EU or Switzerland depending upon your base preference
Under 60 years of age (our current retirement age is 60 due to French airspace regulations)

For the first time in easyJet's history we have got to the stage where we believe we can fill the majority of Left Hand Seat positions in 2003 via internal promotions. This is obviously great news for FO's and SFO's, both those who are already in the airline and those who are currently considering a position with easyJet. We will continue to recruit a limited number of Direct Entry Captains, however, this is subject to business needs and our current requirement is for Direct Entry Captains in Belfast.

Senior First Officers (SFO's) have an unfrozen ATPL with a minimum of 1500 hours total time, with a portion of that time being on heavy turboprops or [b]medium to heavy commercial jets.

To qualify as a 737 type rated pilot, we prefer a minimum of 500 hours on type within the last 5 years.

For young people wishing to start an airline career as a pilot, but not yet in possession of a pilots licence, we are, in association with our training partner CTC McAlpine, providing an innovative new sponsorship scheme that (with our current growth plans) will enable about 24 applicants a year to achieve their dream. This new and exciting commitment by easyJet to the career development of young people will facilitate a select few through a highly expensive training process. Application for this sponsorship opportunity is only available through CTC McAlpine's website - please do not apply directly to easyJet as we only process applications from pilots with more than 500 hrs experience.

For pilot with a ATPL but less than 500 hours total experience we continue to take a small number of entrants through CTC's ATP Scheme - Go to CTC's website to learn more about the ATP Scheme.

If you have an ATPL and a minimum of 500 total hours but do not yet have 1500 total hours then you may still be eligible for entry into easyJet through our Type rating Sponsorship Scheme. - use this link to learn more about this opportunity.

Of course, as we are expanding at such a high rate, our requirements may change - we will keep you updated on those requirements through this website.

dontdoit
5th Dec 2002, 08:31
Personally, I wouldn't bother my backside. If this is the way they treat you BEFORE you've joined, it doesn't take a genius to work out what it's going to be like once you're in the door....

Splat
5th Dec 2002, 08:41
Problem is that where it not for the MPA experience, this would be an excelent way of getting a first job, well worth exploring IMHO.

As for enticing people off TP's, well I'm not sure how attractive it realy is.

my 1 Euros worth....

S

Splat
6th Dec 2002, 08:12
Well, todays the deadline, has anyone managed to get through?