PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight MCC

foghorn
3rd Feb 2001, 18:22
Hi all,

I am now convinced to go for Multiflight's CPL and IR, but I am wondering who has experience of their MCC. In particular, which sim is it done on, and is it an EFIS a/c?

cheers!
foggy

Wee Weasley Welshman
3rd Feb 2001, 22:45
Kingair. Not EFIS. Takes 7 days. Price recently reduced to 2000 pounds. Mate of mine did it and thought it was fine.

Good luck,

foghorn
4th Feb 2001, 02:49
Thanks WWW.

As a footnote, does anyone know of an EFIS Jet MCC in the UK (I know that there is one in the US)?

Pilot Pete
4th Feb 2001, 03:01
I went to Multiflight, before the price drop......damn. It was fine. Bear in mind it is an attend course with no exam/flight test, obviously you want to get the most out of it that you can as you're spending the money, but go for the cheapest/closest to home etc etc. I don't think doing it on an EFIS sim will be of any great value. If you are a Wannabee with no EFIS experience looking for a job with an 'EFIS' airline they will train you on it......they will be sim riding you to find out your basic airmanship skills/ learning curve/ CRM. They aren't bothered about your limited exposure to complicated systems. The MCC course is to learn MCC, not to learn EFIS. Get the tick in the box and spend the extra cash on twin hours (hour!!!)

PP

foghorn
4th Feb 2001, 15:05
Thanks, Pilot Pete, your very convincing points are taken.

I think a King Air sim will be hard enough for me to operate when the biggest thing I've flown is an Aztec...

So... Multiflight it is for the MCC as well (my word they'll be getting a lot of my business this year!)

cheers!
foggy

go
4th Feb 2001, 15:28
try Mct at bournemouth they use an all singing all dancing L1011 which is totally awesome...you can haggle over the price and is the best fun as well as teaching you a lot about mcc...its probably easier to fly than the kingair? as it is 25 years old...I did my IR with Multiflight and I found them excellent and Kate and Andy very good instructors.. good luck,,

PURPLE PITOT
4th Feb 2001, 17:37
You may have trouble getting an IR course with multiflight as they seem to have a recurring problem putting the gear down before landing, and the latest one is pulling it up whilst still on the runway!

Happy Flying

foghorn
4th Feb 2001, 23:38
I wondered why the earliest IR booking was May. They should clean the squat switches more :)

'I' in the sky
6th Feb 2001, 03:03
When was the MCC price dropped ?

TonyS
6th Feb 2001, 14:57
I did the MCC at London Guildhall University. The sim is based on the King Air B200. Great course, very experienced instructors. Can recommend the course!!

TLV
6th Feb 2001, 15:04
I considered doing a CPL(R)course with Multiflight,but heard a horror story that four or five students had started a course in june and still had not finished by December,thats seven months for a 25 hour course,anyone know more?

go
6th Feb 2001, 21:44
TLV...I started my multirating/IR in June last year It was all finished six weeks later and the only delays were weather I thought they were very good and while I was there five other people all got there IR's..

are you from Israel....???

samsprog
6th Feb 2001, 23:18
Fame at last.

I am one of the two people that TLV has spoken about above.
I would recommend Multiflight to any prospective student PPL up to MCC. I started with Multiflight back in Oct 98 doing my PPL and after that my IMC followed by 100hrs to build my hours (got a really low sub 55 quid rate).I then wandered off to do the ATPL exams and the MF staff gave me help where i needed it.I then started the Cpl course but after the June 2000 deadline i had to switch to the JAA CPL route. There then became a problem with A/C availability. After a chat with Andy the CFI things were put right and the situation from my point of view was made more than good.
Multiflight have a sound product,they have added another twin to the fleet and have a Sim to complement these.The MCC sim is also top quality.As for the instuctional staff you wont get better,the IR instructors know there stuff and really want you to pass. The pass rate is very high.
I am just about to sign up for the IR and MCC with them. After 20 odd grand and two years im still there.

So TLV dont believe all you hear.

YOG
7th Feb 2001, 01:26
Hi,I an doing my I/R at Multy at the moment having done my CPL. It is a good school with high standards,I had no problems so far(not counting the wx)

foghorn
7th Feb 2001, 13:32
Thank you all, I am calling Multiflight this morning to book my place. Being a Yorkshireman in exile, I hope to be singing 'On Ilklah Moor Bah Tat' at the graduation... :) :) :)

foghorn
8th Feb 2001, 12:50
Well I'm booked in at Multiflight from June.

If anyone else is considering Multiflight, be warned that they are booking CPLs + IRs now for summer, so get your name in quick! They are obviously very popular.

All I have to do now is pass my ATPL techs and I'm away....

ballytom
8th Feb 2001, 14:52
If ye look for MCC on Efis, sounds like there's a course on A320 in France with a TRTO named JETWAY

------------------
tom

moggie
9th Feb 2001, 14:36
EFIS jet MCC - try BAE Flight Training, Jerez. Hawker 800 with EFIS. Mind you, you may have trouble getting a slot between all the airline sponsored courses (BA, Airtours and Aer Lingus).