PDA

View Full Version : FAA Conversion

gramps
3rd Dec 2002, 15:51
G'day,

Anybody know of a good place to get an FAA licence in the states. I already have an Australian command Instrument rating with all Aussie ATPL subjects however now need an FAA commercial licence with Instrument rating, do I need to do the subjects again?

Thanks to all,

Gramps

Rich-Fine-Green
3rd Dec 2002, 16:26
Gramps;

The Sierra Academy located at Oakland (San Fran) can do the job no better or worse than others.

Anyway, it pays to look around. A couple of companies at LA do it as well.

However, I think there is a delay due to the FAA requirment of a 60 day lead time for foriegn applications for licence conversion or new application (due to 9/11 I think).

Not sure if this email works anymore.

[email protected]

With regard to a licence delay, get the facts straight from the FAA & not the school saleman.

Good Luck

Sheep Guts
4th Dec 2002, 00:00
Gday Gramps,
How many hours do you have? If you have 1500 with 100 night, an ICAO(Australian) Commercial and current instrument rating, a US FAA First Class Medical, and around $1600.00 usd ( includes test fees and exam fees). Please check the website below for up to date prices.

You can go to www.allatps.com they have training centres all over the States. You can get an USATP Multi-engine land.You will complete about 3 days study for a computer exam 80 questions ATPL theory and then do 2 prep flights and an actual ATP Flight test with an approved examiner.Aircraft will be a Piper Seminole no endorsement required as by US rules.:cool:

If not still send them an email thye may help you

REGARDS
SHEEP

druglord
4th Dec 2002, 01:01
Yeah you'll want to have your aussie/US minimums before you embark on getting an FAA conversion. You need from memory 1500 TT 100 night and 75 instrument. If not you'll want to get a curriculum set out for you from a FAA flight standards office. It may take you only 5 hours it may take you 20 depending on which FSDO you talk to . Anyway. get your facts straight before. All the best

Swear_in_GIN
23rd Dec 2002, 09:27
So what's the deal with converting an FAA ATP to an Australian one?

SiG

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
24th Dec 2002, 00:13
AllATP's at riverside CA were awesome, conversion from FAA to Aust involves an airlaw exam ( for those who already hold CMEIR)

www.allatps.com

N.B. you need to hold the minimum experience to qualify 1500tt etc etc. no you can't hold a FAA theory credit from the states and bring it back to OZ.

weasil
24th Dec 2002, 18:09
Hi All,
I am an australian who works in Chicago as Chief Pilot for American Flyers. Also I trained and instructed at Sierra Academy in California and have first hand knowledge of ATP in riverside CA.

Would be glad to answer any questions in detail regarding foreign conversions... send me an email or view the posts on the North American Forum.

[email protected]

Merry Xmas