PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for groundschool?

Dizzy
3rd Feb 2001, 15:16
At the risk of asking a question probably asked many times before - anyone just finished or mid-course doing a full time groundschool outside the ab-initio full time courses.
I am looking at London Guildhall or PPSC in particular, but anywhere else also.
I would love to hear about a good school anywhere (and ones to avoid).
I appreciate the legal implications of discussing these matter in open forum - so please feel free to use my e-mail address.
Hopefully, then I won't get grief from the site editors.

"I am going to enjoy this!"

JB007
3rd Feb 2001, 17:59
Got to be ATA @ Coventry....
Pete Lines / Pete Quinlan are absoulute gods!!.

I finish in a few months and i've very much enjoyed my time there and with reasonable success so far...

Coventry City is a bit of a dump though!!!

Check it out :
www.atatraining.co.uk (http://www.atatraining.co.uk)
or give Neil a call, (sorry don't have the number to hand)
Cheers

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

JB007
3rd Feb 2001, 20:42
Forgot to mention....
Mike Burton now teaches the Technical Subjects....

And if you haven't heard of him....well, where have you been...?!!!!!

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

Mr. Fussy
3rd Feb 2001, 20:52
I'm at SFT doing groundschool at the moment. It is actually very good, the instructors are good, notes are fairly good and it is a good professional study environment. Would definately recommend them.

I Kid
4th Feb 2001, 17:28
ATA at Coventry, Pete Lines Pete Quinlan and now Mike Burton has joined the team, Headed by Sandy Thomson. Got me through all the subjects and they are absolutely Magic.

Think the No is Coventry 024 76639929

Beat of luck.

PURPLE PITOT
4th Feb 2001, 17:41
ATA get my vote as well, got me through first time.
I Kid, You still flying 727s?

Dizzy
5th Feb 2001, 00:29
Dear All,

What can I say? I think I'll take a damn good look at Coventry!

Many thanks to all for your comments!

"I am going to enjoy this!"

I Kid
5th Feb 2001, 04:55
PURPLE PITOT Yes, what are you up to??

( memory problems )
Rgds I Kid.

KATO
5th Feb 2001, 23:26
There is no other place to go except ATA..

What happened to Danny????

--NOT NOW--

Professional Cynic
6th Feb 2001, 00:18
Can the people singing the praises of ATA confirm whether they completed CAA or JAR ATPL courses there? It is important to realise that there a very large differences between the two as I'm sure we all agree. However if these recommendatios apply to JAR cousres that good news for me as it will save a lot of travelling time!

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Snigs
6th Feb 2001, 00:50
I have responded to threads like this in the past, and applaud your efforts to find out information, Dizzy.

It is, however, important to note that the majority of people have not attended all of the schools that provide this service. I'm replying to this thread because I am in the middle of a PPSC correspondence course. I passed all 7 Nav exams first go, which is a credit to their Consolidation course and (to a lesser extent {IMHO} their course notes). I'll let that do the talking, I can recommend PPSC, but I can't say anything for or against any other school!

Good luck!

I Kid
6th Feb 2001, 05:27
ATA= JAR Compliant. ( for the few who did'nt know )
Rgds

I Kid.

[This message has been edited by I Kid (edited 06 February 2001).]

samsprog
6th Feb 2001, 23:31
Dont forget Sir ALEX at Bristol did my Navs With him, Having looked at some of the rest i went for Bristol.Just come off his PERF A weekend crammer, Used a set of PPSC Perf A notes for two weeks and knew little by friday. Sir Alex Saturday and sunday and finally got.

SIR ALEX AT BRISTOL EVERY TIME.

I Kid
7th Feb 2001, 03:47
"Sir Alex" to you maybe, and others, but Sir Alex SHOULD be good at his job, after all he was taught by the the BEST, namely Sandy Thomson (ATA Coventry).

I Kid http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Alex Whittingham
7th Feb 2001, 12:31
No, I wasn't

Dizzy
9th Feb 2001, 23:45
Snigs,
Would you be happy to talk on e-mail about PPSC?
I tried your e-mail but i think I broke it!
Dizzy
PS. I don't use madhatter anymore if you got that message