PDA

View Full Version : ETA 737 Rating

jetblues
3rd Dec 2002, 12:51
Interested to hear from anyone with news on the 737 rating with ETA in ML. Has it been good value ? What was the tech course like, exams etc ? Were the sim sessions at reasonable times of day ? Prefer honest comments via email.

Comments here or email me: [email protected]

fruitbatflyer
4th Dec 2002, 23:12
I have no personal experience of ETA, as I don't need a 737 rating - got one years ago in the UK. However, one of the instructors is well known to me, and he is a very professional operator, so if he is typical then it would have to be good value.

With the concerns about people of middle eastern appearance wanting to learn takeoffs but not landings, the USA FAA typerating path may no longer be available to 'aliens' , unless you are sponsored by a reputable airline, so these guys in MEL are probably on to a good thing.

jetblues
8th Dec 2002, 07:44
Sensational - 167 viewers and ONE reply !

Anyone actually care to comment further ?

clakajak
12th Dec 2002, 01:51
Jetblues,

Have you considered that there may be hundereds of Pruners out there interested in the topic your question posed, looking for similar information given the current 737 recruitment in Oz, but have no knowledge of the course to offer......?:)

john_tullamarine
12th Dec 2002, 02:15
... you might like to post the question to Flying Instructors or D&G Reporting Points/Aircrew Notices ... several of the ETA 737 instructors are known to have a look in on PPRuNe from time to time but are more likely to look there than here ....